• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton Home game - Saturday 20th April at 3 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll stay in the game for as long as possible relying on set pieces to unlock us, don't expect them to come at us if they do it'll play right into our hands.

Blimey. How bad must Brighton be to get absolutely pasted by Bournemouth and then be 2-0 down at home to Cardiff?

I'd love Warnock to go down but I wouldn't miss Brighton if they went instead.

Blimey. How bad must Brighton be to get absolutely pasted by Bournemouth and then be 2-0 down at home to Cardiff?

I'd love Warnock to go down but I wouldn't miss Brighton if they went instead.

Brighton are awful, caught a bit of them tonight.....utter garbage.
Anyway, expect a ball across the box and Murray to poke in a simple goal now I've said that.

Brighton are awful, caught a bit of them tonight.....utter garbage.
Anyway, expect a ball across the box and Murray to poke in a simple goal now I've said that.

Yes, I caught a bit of their game v Cardiff tonight and quite frankly I've not seen a PL team misplace so many passes. Brighton looked doomed. But that also fills me with a bit of anxiety about Saturday at Molineux. I think they will have a desperate bounce back, so Wolves will need to score first to increase their desperation.

Four straight league defeats and no goals scored in any of them.

If we score early then we'll win with a degree of comfort.

My seat is still available. Was going to sell it back to the club today, but the OS seems to be playing up & wasn't around during the time the phone lines were operating.

Have tonight to claim it (my access card is in Wolverhampton), but should have time to phone the ticket office tomorrow morning if no one takes it up (it is a concession ticket so will need an upgrade if someone above or below the qualifying age wants to take advantage).

We've got an American customer on site at work whose wife is going back to the US the weekend and he mentioned wanting to see a game, I'll ask him in the morning. Although it would mean we'd have a 50-odd year old Texan in the London with us Saturday. He's sound to be fair.

Haha - brings back some really good honeymoon memories. We went for a catamaran trip round St Lucia and it was full of young Americans. They were destroyed about half an hour in. On the back of the boat there was me, Squeeze and this pretty substantial middle-aged texan drinking as if the world was about to end. He kept up, and was amazing company on that boat trip. :pint2::beerchug: mr texan bloke whoever you were.

Just hoping we bounce back. Watford left marks but we need to shake them off.

Hoping Brighton doesn't get relegated too, might be able to go see us there again

We've got an American customer on site at work whose wife is going back to the US the weekend and he mentioned wanting to see a game, I'll ask him in the morning. Although it would mean we'd have a 50-odd year old Texan in the London with us Saturday. He's sound to be fair.

I can hold it for this morning then, but will need to know by lunchtime or I will run out of time to offload it back to the club.

Don't forget that it will need to be upgraded & the card must go back through the card transfer system after the game as I will need it for next Tuesday.

It looks like the Texan is sorted mate sorry.

It looks like the Texan is sorted mate sorry.

Not to worry - have now sold it back to the club so will hopefully recoup something (which will shortly go back to them in part payment of the next S/T!)

Put it up for resale & it went within 30 mins - at least I will get something back

What % do they give back on that? At least you got some as you say

Of their final 5 games Brighton still have to go to Spurs and Arsenal and play Man City at home on the final day, so you would think they would need to go for points in this one. Thing is, they also have a home game against Newcastle to come. Considering how cautious he is, I think Hughton will have them park the bus against us and hope they can sneak a win against Newcastle. That would put them on 37, requiring Cardiff to win at Fulham and at home to Palace, and pick up a point against Liverpool or Man United - unlikely.

If Brighton do stay up then I think they should sack Hughton and bring someone else in. It's a similar situation as when we stayed up under Mick second time around. Say thanks for your help in getting us up and keeping us up, but you've taken us as far as you can and we need to bring someone else in. On a terrible run of form right now playing some awful stuff and it looks like the only way is down for them.

Score early then we should blow them away, otherwise I think we will struggle to break Brighton down. 0-0 or 1-0.

If Brighton do stay up then I think they should sack Hughton and bring someone else in. It's a similar situation as when we stayed up under Mick second time around. Say thanks for your help in getting us up and keeping us up, but you've taken us as far as you can and we need to bring someone else in. On a terrible run of form right now playing some awful stuff and it looks like the only way is down for them.

It would be slightly harsh but objectively you're probably right - it'd be a risk but if you're confident you can get an improvement in, like Southampton did with Adkins to bring Pochettino in (though they were far more ruthless) - plus then having all summer to train and reshape the squad would be a huge advantage. They've spent a fair whack on some bang average forwards, in particular (anyone still upset over Locadia? Anyone...?)

Locadia has looked decent when I have seen him and a couple of cracking goals as well. Must be difficult playing in a formation that creates next to nothing. Wouldn't want him now but he would be a better back up option than we currently have.

Been reading a Brighton forum and it is a proper flashback to how we have spoken about Wolves and players before Nuno srrived. They have given up. Surprised at how many dont want Murray playing and prefer Button in goal.

He's managed 2 all season so you must be tuning in at the right time!

I can kind of understand re Murray as much as he can be ridiculously efficient and is decent enough at link play he's not especially dynamic and he's not going to create much for you

Think its cup goals I have seen from him. Well taken one v Millwall in the QF

Locadia has looked terrible every time I’ve seen him. Might be harsh considering the way they play but I’m glad we didn’t sign him based on what I have seen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back