• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (H) Wed 1st Dec 7:30pm (Amazon Prime) build up & match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
His is a different kind of worst, Trincao hides, Hwang runs down blind alleys/can't control it, Podence gives the ball away. They all hurt you one way or another
The only difference with Trincao is Podence has had a few really good performances so we know he has it in him. Trincao has largely only shown flashes of decent stuff with nothing to show for it. At least Hwang when he isn't playing well or scoring, puts himself about.
Don't get me wrong I like Podence (the good one) but there is little to pick between him, Trincao and Hwang when they're having a mare.

The only difference with Trincao is Podence has had a few really good performances so we know he has it in him. Trincao has largely only shown flashes of decent stuff with nothing to show for it. At least Hwang when he isn't playing well or scoring, puts himself about.
Don't get me wrong I like Podence (the good one) but there is little to pick between him, Trincao and Hwang when they're having a mare.
I think the main difference between Trincao and Pod is the former needs other players to play off to get the best out of him, whereas Pod has the ability to create on his own. Trincao will be a good player long-term in a team where he has players close to him and that isn't currently our style, we want wide players to do more on their own.

<Cyber>

Burnley haven't won an away game this season

</Cyber>
Ssshhhoot, I wish that you hadn’t mentioned that! 😏, nailed on now to break that record!
Burnley are what they are, in it just to retain their premier league status with no ambition, the same as their fans.
I’m sure the gravel throated thug, targets 10 to 12 games a season to pick up wins and winds them up to win at all costs, thinking that he can pick up another 8 to 10 points from the other 26 games, to stay safe for another year. Unfortunately, he sees us as a soft touch and one of those targets, where the last couple of seasons prove the point. So frankly I ain’t convinced we will get anything out of this one.
Without Neves and Pod and Trincao being lightweight we will have to play ugly to get anything out of this, so I would see Marcal come in for RAN for this together with Donk and Adama.
Still hoping for a West Ham performance though.

Here's a nice thought for you before bed on a Monday night.

Mout goes down injured and we have a midfield two of Saiss and Donk.

You're welcome ;)

Opinions shift so quickly don't they, after the Everton game there were many who were convinced that Trincao was the saviour and that we could bin Traore off.

It's a bloody long season, and with such a tiny squad we need all of these options.

I'd go with with Traore over Trincao tomorrow, but it does seem as though he has fallen out of favour with Lage, Lage putting him RB/RWB the other day was almost as if he wanted him to fail! (i don't think that, i just don't understand why he thought that was a good idea on any level)

The best performances from Traore over the last 12 months or so have come when he has played as an inside forward on the left, it's peculiar that neither Nuno or Lage have been willing to give him more than 3 or so games there consecutively.

Trincao against Burnley will be a joke, he will get eaten alive, far too lightweight.

Opinions shift so quickly don't they, after the Everton game there were many who were convinced that Trincao was the saviour and that we could bin Traore off.

It's a bloody long season, and with such a tiny squad we need all of these options.

I'd go with with Traore over Trincao tomorrow, but it does seem as though he has fallen out of favour with Lage, Lage putting him RB/RWB the other day was almost as if he wanted him to fail! (i don't think that, i just don't understand why he thought that was a good idea on any level)

The best performances from Traore over the last 12 months or so have come when he has played as an inside forward on the left, it's peculiar that neither Nuno or Lage have been willing to give him more than 3 or so games there consecutively.

Trincao against Burnley will be a joke, he will get eaten alive, far too lightweight.
Trincao won’t get eaten alive against Burnley, they’re a lot of things but I don’t think they’re thuggish. Tough but not dirty.

Maybe Bruno thinks Traore is fucking shit. Doesn’t do what he’s asked, has the movement of concrete off the ball andcontributes nothing with it.

Just a thought for you Traore lovers.

Trincao won’t get eaten alive against Burnley, they’re a lot of things but I don’t think they’re thuggish. Tough but not dirty.

Maybe Bruno thinks Traore is fucking shit. Doesn’t do what he’s asked, has the movement of concrete off the ball andcontributes nothing with it.

Just a thought for you Traore lovers.
Trincao didn't have the physical strength to hold onto the ball/win the ball against Norwich, so i doubt he is more likely to manage it against Burnley, who like you say are tough, which was clearly my point.

If Lage does think Traore is "fucking shit" then here's an idea, maybe don't bring him on at all, but certainly if you do, don't play him in 3 different positions in 20 minutes.

We haven't seen him play Trincao or Podence at RB have we? No because that would be considered fucking ridiculous, just as playing Adama there should be, but isn't.

Podence was sort of LWB when he came on vs Brentford.

There isn't any kind of agenda against Adama from the manager, I wouldn't think. Who deliberately plays people out of position to say 'look, told you he was shit'? I know Lage physically resembles Saunders a bit, but...

He came on up front vs Everton, he can't play there either, but I didn't hear any complaints then. Occam's Razor is that the manager isn't keen on an attacker with 6 goals for us in 86 league appearances.

I think Adama gets a bit of a rough deal sometimes, but he was honestly a waste of a shirt against Norwich and I don't think the position was the problem. His attitude / willingness was (unless he was carrying a knock).

There were times when he was picking up the ball in the same part of the pitch he would as one of the front three, and just played a safe ball back with no intention of running at the opposition and making something happen

Donck came on to belatedly add an extra body to midfield. To do that the only real options were Semedo off and Traore to RWB or Hwang off and him to CF. Whichever route he was going to be moved.

I think the reason Adama's minutes have dwindled under Bruno is probably to do with the fact that the other wide forward options all offer (at least intermittently) some kind of interplay and connection with the others, and when that works well we've looked a very good side.

Podence was sort of LWB when he came on vs Brentford.

There isn't any kind of agenda against Adama from the manager, I wouldn't think. Who deliberately plays people out of position to say 'look, told you he was shit'? I know Lage physically resembles Saunders a bit, but...

He came on up front vs Everton, he can't play there either, but I didn't hear any complaints then. Occam's Razor is that the manager isn't keen on an attacker with 6 goals for us in 86 league appearances.
I specifically said in my post that i don't think Lage has an agenda against AT, so i don't understand this post to be honest. It's Jonny that said Lage thinks he's "fucking shit".

I don't understand why he played him in 3 different positions in 20 minutes though, that's fair isn't it? You're not likely to get the best out of Adama if you play him RB are you?

And whilst Traore was ineffective generally, I'd imagine his confidence is pretty bloody low at the moment, not helped by being played in more and more unfamiliar, defensive positions, i don't think Lage is getting the best out of him at all, which is a shame, as he started the season really well on the left of the front 3.

You went on to imply there was because Adama has been asked to play out of position and the others haven't (even though at least one of them has).

I wouldn't ever put him at RWB, no. Waste of time, it's worked once ever I think.

I think the reason Adama's minutes have dwindled under Bruno is probably to do with the fact that the other wide forward options all offer (at least intermittently) some kind of interplay and connection with the others, and when that works well we've looked a very good side.
Trincao has played well for about 60 mins overall this season so far hasn't he?

Like Traore, he has 0 assists and 0 goals.

You went on to imply there was because Adama has been asked to play out of position and the others haven't (even though at least one of them has).

I wouldn't ever put him at RWB, no. Waste of time, it's worked once ever I think.
Cardiff at home?

Yep, recency bias, but it's fair to mention it, Podence played LWB when we were 2-0 down to Brentford and desperate (10 games ago), i can get on board with that far easier than when with Traore he's come on there in games very recently where we are far from desperate.

But the point wasn't that Lage has an agenda against Traore, it's that rather than criticising Traore for being crap there, maybe we should criticise Lage for playing him there! As he wouldn't in normal circumstances play Trincao or Podence there would he, and if he did we would criticise him for it, instead because it's Traore it's more "meh".

I'd say City away, he played there for 70 minutes and did a good job. Cardiff at home it didn't really look right, we won easily because they were shit and he got moved on 47 minutes when Doherty came on.

Maybe Adama tells the manager he can play there. I remember Steven Fletcher advertising the fact that he could also play wide when we signed him. Mick put him there a handful of times. Turns out he couldn't.

Trincao has played well for about 60 mins overall this season so far hasn't he?

Like Traore, he has 0 assists and 0 goals.

I think Trincao will get more slack cut because of his newness though.

I'm not convinced so far, but haven't made my mind up, I think people have done that long ago with Adama.

I'd say City away, he played there for 70 minutes and did a good job. Cardiff at home it didn't really look right, we won easily because they were shit and he got moved on 47 minutes when Doherty came on.

Maybe Adama tells the manager he can play there. I remember Steven Fletcher advertising the fact that he could also play wide when we signed him. Mick put him there a handful of times. Turns out he couldn't.
Funny you mention Occam's Razor earlier and then make the leap that Adama is ASKING to play at RB rather than it just being a shit decision from Lage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back