• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Championship Team of the Year

He should never have been dropped. Ridiculous decision. And I also disagree that he was any worse than Batth.

During our very bad run, Batth had some awful games - he and Doherty were a bombscare together at times - the Forest game still makes me shudder. Doherty got pelters after that game (deservedly in this example) but Batth was almost as culpable. Fortunately, when they've played together since both have improved a lot. And Batth/Stears is definitely our best centre half pairing.

I don't think Stears has had too many poor games this season. Without a doubt our best defender this campaign.

-----------------Boruc----------------

Francis----Ayala----Berra----Friend

Ritchie---Arter---Leadbitter---Sako

----------Deeney---Wilson---------

Afobe's the best forward in the division though.

I think Afobe is really unlucky.Murphy and Deeney are the Champ top scorers though even though Afobe has more in fewer games for 2 clubs in two leagues. Shed loads of goals in two divisions but missed out on both league teams of the season. Doyle gets in to league 1 even though he moved. Cant agree with Westwood. Button has done better

During our very bad run, Batth had some awful games - he and Doherty were a bombscare together at times - the Forest game still makes me shudder. Doherty got pelters after that game (deservedly in this example) but Batth was almost as culpable. Fortunately, when they've played together since both have improved a lot. And Batth/Stears is definitely our best centre half pairing.

I don't think Stears has had too many poor games this season. Without a doubt our best defender this campaign.

I agree with all your points, but Stearman was poor against Huddersfield (I believe although I wasn't at that game), Wigan and Reading - 3 games on the bounce which was when he was dropped. Our subsequent results in the month following this and his form afterwards say in hindsight it was the wrong call, but at the time I don't remember many having an issue with it. EEL actually played well during that period and only lost is place due to injury.

Stears has had a couple of bad games recently. Apart from that he's mostly been outstanding.

Manga has been Cardiff's POTS but that still doesn't mean he's been consistent enough to warrant a place in the Champ team of the year. Stearman has had a few iffy spells this season and never really hit top form until he was reinstated in the first XI after EEL was injured. Ayala, Gibson, Berra, Bassong, Cook, Angella, Tarkowski, Hector, Lynch all had better seasons IMO (doesn't mean I think any of these are actually any better than Stears).

I think Afobe is really unlucky.Murphy and Deeney are the Champ top scorers though even though Afobe has more in fewer games for 2 clubs in two leagues. Shed loads of goals in two divisions but missed out on both league teams of the season. Doyle gets in to league 1 even though he moved. Cant agree with Westwood. Button has done better

Good call on Button. Stockdale has been brilliant for a shocking Brighton side as well.

Back