• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ched Evans + Adam Johnson court cases

An oldham player has been charged with grooming a child too.

Ched Evans, who faces a retrial over rape allegations in October, is set to join League One side Chesterfield, BBC Sport understands.

Former Wales striker Evans was jailed in 2012 for raping a 19-year-old girl, but had his conviction quashed by the Court of Appeal in April.

The 27-year-old, who has always denied the charges against him, was released from jail in October 2014 after serving half of a five-year sentence.

His last professional game was in 2012.

It depends. If she offered evidence that she was whiter than white then in theory such evidence to debunk such a claim is allowed to be inferred. It is murky legal waters and usually is used against defendants rather than victims though.

The poor girl having to go through all that twice.

Any sexual history she had should have no bearing on whether or not she was in any fit state to consent to sex with Evans.

Agreed. However, if she gave evidence that she had never been too pissed to consent before then I guess that is where the defence have come from. I don't like it. At all.

It depends. If she offered evidence that she was whiter than white then in theory such evidence to debunk such a claim is allowed to be inferred. It is murky legal waters and usually is used against defendants rather than victims though.

If someone's on trial for a stabbing then, yeah, a previous history of stabbing should have a bearing. But a woman should be able to have the sex life she chooses, whether that be whiter than white or as disgusting as you can imagine without it being inferred that she must have consented on a future occasion. It's basically a version of "she was asking for it".
If she had a proven history of making false rape allegations, that would be a different matter.

Oh - don't get me wrong I totally agree with you. All I am trying to do is show the rule of evidence on this matter that I think the defence have relied upon. I don't like it all. The rule isn't there for that reason for me.

Saw this on facebook, thought it was rather to the point

Fine, guess I'll do this, I remember all the shit I took with my original "Fuck you Ched Evans" post and I've already been asked so here's my two pence:
So he's not a rapist. He's just the sort of guy who cheats on his girlfriend by fucking a 19 year old girl who was so drunk she couldn't remember where she was and how she got there in the morning. He's the sort of guy who'd let his brother and friend film him tag teaming her through the window of the hotel he had to sneak out of in the morning, like a man who has done nothing wrong. What a great guy. Good luck to him. Lesson learned I hope. If your mate texts you letting you know he's "got a girl" maybe don't go round if you're in a relationship, just send him a "bravo" and wait till he shows you the pictures at training the next day rather than texting your brother to tell him to come and film you.
If you want me to get into further issues on the nature of consent, especially under the influence, then I'd ask can we not because the whole mess is just far too depressing and I'd rather not drag my brain through that dirt right now. Ask Brock Turner, he's got a clearer picture than I ever will.
At least the real villain of this piece has been made to suffer: the girl. Hounded out of her home town by the Evans family. Forced to leave the country, anonymous and alone, away from her friends and family and life. Glad that all got fucked up before she was twenty through drinking. Deserved it didn't she. Stupid bitch. Should learn to handle her booze and keep her legs shut.
I will say this; Ched certainly seems like the sort of moral, upstanding chap who'd enjoy Donald Trumps locker room banter.
Fine. Let him play football again. Not guilty is not guilty, but do me a favour and if you have a daughter of your own. When she grows up make sure she knows that if she lets her guard down for a second then there's guys like Ched out there just waiting stick it in because they can and want to. Make sure she never enjoys sex because it'll be used against her at every opportunity.
Also make sure that she knows to never lie about rape. There are countless situations where it has ruined an innocent mans life and it trivialises the experiences and legal proceedings of countless victims of that terrible act.
This is not one of those cases.
But that's the world we live in.
'Grab them by the pussy' official slogan of 2016.

It's spot on. He may be innocent in the eyes of the law but he's clearly a classless gimboid with zero respect for women.

Indeed. He is a man who was found first guilty and then not guilty. I know which verdict I think is closer to the truth.

Evans' missus messaging a witness, mentioning a fifty grand reward, and that witness changing his testimony. Not a bribe. Have I really read that right?

It's spot on. He may be innocent in the eyes of the law but he's clearly a classless gimboid with zero respect for women.

Unfortunately he is not alone in that category. Just for balance there are ladies in that category too who have little respect for men It sounds crazy but I am sure society is approaching the stage when verbal consent for sex is videod and posted on snap chat prior to any contact. Glad I am the age I am

Back