• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea 2 - 0 Wolves: The Verdict

Has Cyber conceded yet that he was wrong about us finishing 8th? It’s been nearly a week, just wondering.

Just pointing out a fact hope that’s okay.

Yes. Not a bad guess for May 2019 though! Which was the same as you predicted in the poll.Youngwolf together with 53 of us. I at least stayed with my original guess.

Got Bournemouth and Norwich right though and nearly with Brighton.

Still its easy to have a forum target. Off you go. Broad shoulders.

That’s why that tactic will only get us so far, because it’s football and you can’t stop things happening like the referee spotting an invisible kick.

Of course - this is where we can improve in general by having more games where these fine margins matter less. Away at Chelsea, perhaps less so mind!

Well for me, it was a "game too far" for many of the players and especially for Raul and Jota, but then a few days after his first child is a decent enough excuse if I remember the sleepless nights and fears correctly.
Thought Nuno would go 352 for the first half, but hey even the great man makes mistakes. But we are still in the EL, and finished 7th, still with a chance. (Cup final) of EL footie next season, as well as a chance to win it this season.
Wish we had won today but VAR or lack of it seemed to do us for the first, and after that it was game over. Still no real complaints a great season again, so onwards and upwards and Germany here we come.

Yes. Not a bad guess for May 2019 though! Which was the same as you predicted in the poll.Youngwolf together with 53 of us. I at least stayed with my original guess.

Got Bournemouth and Norwich right though and nearly with Brighton.

Still its easy to have a forum target. Off you go. Broad shoulders.

I actually voted top ten and thought we’d be ninth. I’ve even said as much, I’m pleasantly surprised with what we’ve been able to do. In fact, I underestimated how excellent we are. Imagine how weird it would now look if I got really upset about finishing 7th based on all of the above? Now ask yourself why people take issue with your posting style at the moment.

That’s why that tactic will only get us so far, because it’s football and you can’t stop things happening like the referee spotting an invisible kick.
I'm with you here Jinks. I do think you can be slightly more expansive whilst still keeping things tight. Although we weren't ahead in all of these at ht, I think we got the balance right against Burnley, Sheff Utd, Everton and West Ham. Everton being the most obvious,although them not being interested obviously helped. In others you are hostage to a mistake, piece of good play or a refereeing mistake and at that point your gameplan goes

I actually voted top ten and thought we’d be ninth. I’ve even said as much, I’m pleasantly surprised with what we’ve been able to do. In fact, I underestimated how excellent we are. Imagine how weird it would now look if I got really upset about finishing 7th based on all of the above? Now ask yourself why people take issue with your posting style at the moment.

because they are snowflakes? I dunno.

Perhaps I need internet lessons. Or a personality bypass.

I think that if I posted the same stuff under a different name no-one would say much but as its Cyber its a soft target. It has been the way for a while and thats up to those who want to call stuff nonsense.

As regards the season yes its been a good season with some excellent results but I do believe it could and should have been better given the platform we had before lockdown. That I think is a valid opinion and youre welcome to disagree.

I tried with a reasonable post and then you reply with that :icon_lol: oh well, I’m not bothering after the first line you’ve put

because they are snowflakes? I dunno.

Perhaps I need internet lessons. Or a personality bypass.

I think that if I posted the same stuff under a different name no-one would say much but as its Cyber its a soft target. It has been the way for a while and thats up to those who want to call stuff nonsense.

As regards the season yes its been a good season with some excellent results but I do believe it could and should have been better given the platform we had before lockdown. That I think is a valid opinion and youre welcome to disagree.
Not my argument, but I'll say this. You seem genuinely more happy that we didn't finish in the top 4 so that it proves you right than disappointed that we didn't. FWIW I said 9th in the first poll and 7th in the second

Question. With the ‘foul’ on Alonso, would VAR have looked at it or does the referee have to request it ?

I'd you posted the same stuff under a different name Cyber, then people would quickly come to the same conclusions.

It's got nothing to do with your username.

Question. With the ‘foul’ on Alonso, would VAR have looked at it or does the referee have to request it ?

Would have to have been a penalty for them to look at it at all I think

Not in VARs remit, which is goals, offsides, penalties and red cards.

Not my argument, but I'll say this. You seem genuinely more happy that we didn't finish in the top 4 so that it proves you right than disappointed thant we didn't. FWIW I said 9th in the first poll and 7th in the second

Lets get this completely straight while I am in this frame of mind

I would absolutely love us , love us to be in the CL. But all the on pitch EVIDENCE I have seen from games this season home and away we did not look like a champions league team. As for nonsense , there was a lot of tripe spouted about Man United being the worst United team ever , Chelsea being rubbish, Spurs in transition and Arsenal being the worst Arsenal in living memory. I objected to that and called a number myopic and borderline deluded if they really thought that.

I repeat. We are good at what we do but are in ABSOLUTELY the position we deserve to be. I want us to win every game which is impossible. However I do want us to perform in every game and there have been times in important games when we have been collectively average or worse. I could not really give a flying fuck about other teams.

I will however reflect on your feedback.

Would have to have been a penalty for them to look at it at all I think

Thanks.
But surely VAR was said to be there to correct erroneous decisions. Perhaps like in cricket and tennis, a team could have reviews

Bit bummed that we missed Europa spots on the table, but we still did good by any standards.

Keep working and we'll get there. Focus on the UEFA league now.

Thanks.
But surely VAR was said to be there to correct erroneous decisions. Perhaps like in cricket and tennis, a team could have reviews

When a goal is scored directly from an incorrectly awarded free kick then logic says that it’s part of the goal so should be looked at - logic seems to have nothing to do with VAR though.

This type of silver foil wearing crap does my head in. Arsenal may beat Chelsea, but the notion that Taylor is going to deliberately give them decisions to fuck us over is bollocks. Atwell fell for a dive today, it's a poor decision but that's where it ends

I’m not a conspiracy theorist, but have seen enough contentious decisions (whether VAR inspired or not) to see that there is bias, whether conscious or not. That’s my opinion and the last time I looked this was discussion and opinion forum and I respect yours. Although, if you were new to this forum and reading some of the posts at times, you would think that we were a club divided.

Irrespective, as to the game, again we didn’t shower ourselves in glory. Looked slow, jaded, lacking ideas and too many off days. Solid enough for 45 minutes and fairly neat and tidy, but clear that we are two or three players short of challenging the top 6.
Positively we have improved this season and other than some harsh VAR decisions, who knows?....fine margins and all that!!!!
In the context of our last two seasons I’m absolutely buzzing, and it’s not over yet ��������

COYW Stick together, remember the strength is in the pack

Back