• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (H) 8/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's also one of the only players we have who plays with a sense of urgency. Not always the best trait in CB but we need it from somewhere.
Not sure what an absence of urgency or a negative urgency is called, but that’s what we currently have at LCB.

We have to target a win here. Seriously.

1) They are no good. They are in the bottom half, have won fewer games than us since the World Cup, have failed to beat four teams who currently sit below us in 2023, have to play Liverpool in midweek and Real Madrid directly after this one

2) We need an absolute minimum of 2 wins (and some draws somewhere) or we are cooked. We only have 9 games left and we would accept that we're unlikely to get anything from Man Utd and Arsenal away. So we can't be picky

Please, please, please don't send out a team that makes no structural sense whatsoever.

-------------------------------Sa-----------------------

Semedo---------Dawson--------Toti---------Bueno

---------------------------Lemina-------------------

------------------Gomes--------Bouba---------------

----------------------Sarabia---Cunha----------------

----------------------------Raul--------------------------

Costa did ok when he came on but I just don't believe he can start games any more. Asking a lot of Bouba to come straight in, but honestly fuck Nunes at the moment.

Drop Sa for Bentley if you like, I don't care.

2022/23: L 0-3 (A)
2021/22: D 0-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2020/21: W 2-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2019/20: L 2-5 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2018/19: W 2-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2016/17: L 0-2 (H, FAC)
2012/13: L 0-6 (A, LC)
2011/12: L 1-2 (H), L 0-3 (A)
2010/11: W 1-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2009/10: L 0-2 (H), L 0-4 (A)
2003/4: L 0-5 (H), L 2-5 (A)
1993/4: L 0-1 (A, FAC)

Change Bouba for Neto and that's my team. Perhaps it's too attacking but oh well. Maybe Costa will get his goal from the bench in this one, just to rub it in for Chelsea.

Not sure what an absence of urgency or a negative urgency is called, but that’s what we currently have at LCB.
Max "Football Atrophy" Kilman?

He's like a footballing One Show. No-one knows what on earth it's for, what purpose it serves, what it's doing, who exactly enjoys this. It's just there.

He's like a footballing One Show. No-one knows what on earth it's for, what purpose it serves, what it's doing, who exactly enjoys this. It's just there.
Nah, one show does not drive me irrationally insane. Plus I reckon Alex Jones could easily out jump Max, certainly would kick his ass for effort. Fuck even a retired Jenas too.

I'd probably go Toti over the other two simply for his athleticism and it doesn't seem we have kicked any enthusiasm out of him yet and just live with his rashness.

What I'd like to see.

................................Sa
Semedo........Dawson.......Toti......Bueno
................. Lemina...........Gomes
........Sarabia........Cunha......Neto
.............................Raul.

What I think we're likely to see, summat like..

...................................Sa.
Semedo........Dawson......Kilman......Bueno
................................Lemina
................. Moutinho............Nunes
Sarabia .............................................................Neto

...............................Costa.

I realise playing Gomes and Toti is a bit risky but what we're doing lately ain't working.

No way Costa can start a game any more. Has to be Cunha or Raul up top.

Well it definitely changes things for Saturday my guess is the interim takes charge in the week and the the new bloke is in place in time for Saturday.

Well it definitely changes things for Saturday my guess is the interim takes charge in the week and the the new bloke is in place in time for Saturday.
Good chance they’ll go for a caretaker until the end of season. Odd timing as a week ago Tuchel was available.

Good chance they’ll go for a caretaker until the end of season. Odd timing as a week ago Tuchel was available.
Simon Jordan is forever saying that Tuchel was partly sacked for off the field matters, something to do with an affair I think

Still got the CL unless they’ve pretty much accepted they’ve got no chance in that either.

Well that's annoying with the Potter dismissal. So dejected with us after fully catching up in yesterday now.

At various stages I have had little bouts of enthusiasm this season but now I am viewing us as a sort of Wigan level Prem outfit that just needs to limp to safety as the only vaguely achievable goal.

We have spent so much money and I look at this team and want nearly all of it gone if we do stay up.

If you were grading our signings this season on the idea of getting a mulligan on the deals we made and so "Would sign them for the fee we paid" - "Would sign them for half what we paid" - Or "Wouldn't want them resigned at all" then I am at the level where Nunes probably now drops into the wouldn't sign them category now with Guedes.

Nunes has been beyond disappointing. Mental that we have spent over 100m on him Guedes and Cunha.

Not lumping Cunha in to the same extent as I actually like him when he is used correctly but he isn't a £40m+ player.

Not lumping Cunha in to the same extent as I actually like him when he is used correctly but he isn't a £40m+ player.
He might be given the correct supporting cast and proper tactics.

He's not a striker in any way, he's a deep lying forward or attacking midfielder based on what I've seen so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back