• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (H) 8/4: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever we think, JLop will probably pick a team that makes everyone go 'What in the actual fuck is that'? And I would put money on it being a team set up not to lose rather than a team set up to win.

I have gone from thinking Lop was going to be great for us to being far from gruntled with his management.

As long as I don’t read in the verdict thread, “Traore doesn’t want to be here”, “Nunes just gave up”, Kilman never got a challenge in”, I’ll be more than happy.

Beginning to look like Nagelsmann will be appointed by Saturday

Win win for Lamps. They’re shit anyway so if he has no impact he can shrug his shoulders, if they improve slightly he’ll put himself in the shop window for some other mug to employ him.

As for our game with them, their fans love him so it will frustratingly give them a bit of a lift if he’s in the dugout this weekend, even if he’s clueless.

Reactions: b3h
Im pleased about this. Loathing Chelsea with every fibre of my body has been an essential part of my own identity for as long as I can remember. Their vanilla period under the likeable Mr Potter has been a bit of a challenging time for me, but having this odious little twat in charge makes everything in the universe line up again in a comforting way.

Can’t see it making a difference to the game. They weren’t bad yesterday, he’s going to have zero tactical input. So can’t really see any “lift”.

Was worried about a new manager bounce. Not anymore (we'll still find a way...)

Smacks of Shearer at Newcastle or Brooking at West Ham. Hoping a short term reign of a terrace hero will keep the crowd onside.

Smacks of Shearer at Newcastle or Brooking at West Ham. Hoping a short term reign of a terrace hero will keep the crowd onside.
Doesn’t really matter though as they’ve not really got much to play for. Obviously they’re in the CL but probably only for one more round irrespective of who is managing them. They’re not going down, so Fat Frank’s job is just to try and improve results prior to a new manager.

It’s not even that. It’s to be the likeable hero to keep the heat off Boehly until he can make a permanent decision in the summer. It’s all about trying to keep the crowd onside.

The crowd had clearly turned on Potter so I'm guessing the hope is of a 'bounce' just in the sense of there not being any negativity from the fanbase and it gives the board time to find a new manager for the summer.

I thought Lampard set them up alright when they beat us at Molineux in 19/20, even if we did also play very poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back