• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cheltenham Festival Tipster Competition

Don't think Cue Card would have won regardless. Going well 3 out is nothing in the Gold Cup.

Three winners today and about £80 up so can't complain too much with that as I'm not a huge racing fan.

Thought Pendleton did an outstanding job for someone having only their third ride, would have been much easier for her just to let Pacha De Polder go, but she did well to keep him held up, and the jumping was faultless.

However, my highlight of the day has to be Bryan Cooper dedicating his win to Dessie Hughes, a very emotional moment. And he said "fucking unbelievable" live on mid-afternoon TV, what a great lad.

1st; Ibis Du Rheu, 14/1
2nd; Flying Angel, 8/1
3rd; Sky Khan, 50/1
4th; Tully East, 50/1
5th; Whiteout, 33/1

Last edited:
Shit day for me. All of my horses either nowhere or fallen.

Crap day for me too but yesterday was great. Thanks to nando and Darlo for running this, good work fellas.

1st; Solar Impulse, 28/1
2nd; Dandridge, 8/1
3rd; Rock The World, 9/2
4th; Savello, 25/1
5th; Pearls Legend, 33/1
5th; Red Spinner, 33/1

Deadheat for 5th but not going to mess about doing fractions

Unfortunately I was not able to do any tips today, but many thanks to Nando and Darlo for all their work. It is much appreciated.

Delighted for Nicholls to end up with three winners. He doesn't have the big guns at the moment but he's still an absolutely top notch trainer.

Final Table as follows...

Slink; £520.38p
Mixu; £202.50p
Doog; £172.88p
Howling; £47.08p
Deutsch; £45.75p
Darlo; £15.63p
Trips; £15.38p
Nando; £7.12p
NWW; £31.25p
Frank; £42.74p *
GoldF; £45.62p *
LordK; £68.75p
Penk; £83.66p
Astoria; £102.03
Paddy; £106.65p
Sniffer; £113.98p
DDW; £118.06p
Norman; £121.67p *
Paignton; £122.50p
Johnny; £127.12p
Billy; £137.97p
Tony; £147.12p
Bear; £168.37p
Donegal; £319.82p

* No entries for today

An excellent final days profit of £105 put Mixu up to 2nd and profits on the day also for Penk(£73), Darlo(£45), Tony(£30) and LordKnows(£10).
Thanks to everyone who took part and thanks to Nando for getting things started.
See you all for the Aintree Festival!

Congrats Slink on coming top, and cheers to Nando and Darlo for organising. Top work fellas.

Good first day,all downhill after that.Thanks to Nando and Darlo,well done very enjoyable.

Ingrates Slink on all counts, cheers Darlo and Nando for running it. It was fun.

Congratulations to slink and a big thanks to Nando and Darlo for running the contest. I'd normally settle for breaking even with just a few bets in festival week but cheers to all those who posted the free bets etc that meant that not only did I post a healthy profit but had bets on all but two of my horses on here. Sods law that the two I didn't back came home but hey hoe.

Thanks everyone, been a great week. Thanks to Nando and Darlo for running the competition and as always look forward to the Aintree one.

Thanks to Darlo and Nando for doing all the work. Great fun.

Congrats Slink, and tahnks to Darlo and Nando, great fun as always

Back