• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chorley v Wolves build-up and match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve actually been very organised tbf. Covered the space around the forwards pretty well. But then we haven’t really moved them around well enough at all. My guess is spaces will begin to appear in the second half, just depends if we can be arsed to exploit them.

I wouldn't hold my breath!

With the lead already Wolves are content to merely keep the ball, guess if it stays 1-0 Chorley will give it the beans at some point and then Wolves might exploit the gaps that will inevitably be left.

We are so boring. Do need another goal to make it safe, then give a couple of the young lads a debut.
I was going to say we need another two goals but that would take us until midnight at this rate.

I wouldn't hold my breath!

With the lead already Wolves are content to merely keep the ball, guess if it stays 1-0 Chorley will give it the beans at some point and then Wolves might exploit the gaps that will inevitably be left.
Yeah, probably. Quite clearly playing within ourselves (and we aren't in great form anyway) so makes it such a dull watch. But I don't really care as long as we win and come away with no injury issues.

Not sure how I felt about that half. Pleased we’re winning but we look so poor going forward.

On one hand we just need to get of here with a win and avoid the upset but on the other hand it would be nice to see a bit of creativity. Hopefully we can step it up a bit this half.

Their keeper hasn’t had a save to make, mate. There are over 100 places between the two clubs in league position. Not laying a glove on them (bar a ridiculous ping from 40 yards) is embarrassing for a Premier League club!
Oh yeah, it's not great, and we can't just dismiss the negatives, as they feature in our play during PL games too, but I'm feeling we're just in first gear rather than trying stuff and failing. It's just ultra conservative rather than hapless, but I agree it has to improve

I can kind of understand the energy management etc, but fuck me it's a dull watch. Not unexpected as we're a dull side, but still a bit disappointing - when you put an eleven like that out, you'd think it's also with the instruction to have some fun, create, and get some confidence, rather than just going for a pragmatic, safe victory.
I think the pitch is a bit of a leveller, I'm sure if we tried to zip it about more the ball would just bobble away somewhere.

That said, our only means of attack seems to be Coadys ball over the top. I think we'll see more gaps second half. I'd be tempted to put Boly upfront just for someone we can play off!

Trying to do our first 5 minutes in the second half trick.

Yeah, probably. Quite clearly playing within ourselves (and we aren't in great form anyway) so makes it such a dull watch. But I don't really care as long as we win and come away with no injury issues.
Fucking hell YW, we need to develop and especially our passing game, movement and creativity..you are a cerified coach no? Why dont you see that and just defend how we approach the game?

Oh yeah, it's not great, and we can't just dismiss the negatives, as they feature in our play during PL games too, but I'm feeling we're just in first gear rather than trying stuff and failing. It's just ultra conservative rather than hapless, but I agree it has to improve
If that’s what it is, that’s a terrible tactic. Go and score 3 goals and then relax/be conservative.

Great start to the second half too 😂🙈

Fucking hell YW, we need to develop and especially our passing game, movement and creativity..you are a cerified coach no? Why dont you see that and just defend how we approach the game?
Fred, kindly fuck off

Were people actually expecting us to come into this match and dominate the game!?

have you seen us play recently and do you know how the FA Cup works?

Their keeper hasn’t had a save to make, mate. There are over 100 places between the two clubs in league position. Not laying a glove on them (bar a ridiculous ping from 40 yards) is embarrassing for a Premier League club!
Or even try...pass the ball forward not safe backwards/sideways all the time...come on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back