• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

It's now being suggested that pubs that "choose" not to require a vaccine certificate for entry will be forced to maintain restrictions; table service, masks unless seated, rule of 6 etc...
If that happens then the Government will have a lot of time in court. Hospitality has probably done more to be covid safe than most businesses and been hammered and blamed more. They are bordering on legal action at the moment so that call would push them over that line.

You can keep table service forever as far as I'm concerned. Even small independent places I've been to had a web/app set up that worked perfectly last year. If I never have to queue at a bar ever again then that's the one sliver of positive development from the last 12 months (well also more people being able to WFH at least part of the week which makes loads more sense, but that doesn't impact on me as I do that 100% of the time in the first place).

Must admit I got used to table service. If the restrictions from last Autumn have to be in place to open up to those without a vaccine so be it. I miss a pint in a pub so much I don’t care what I have to do in order to be allowed in seeing as I will be very lucky to have had the jab before they open on the current timescale.

Your jab should be early May. You will be in the first batch when the 2nd dose catch up is done in April

Your jab should be early May. You will be in the first batch when the 2nd dose catch up is done in April
As a man in the know do you think it's likely that 40-50's will all be done in May for the first dose but will get their second dose after the one shot J&J is administered to the younger age groups?

As a man in the know do you think it's likely that 40-50's will all be done in May for the first dose but will get their second dose after the one shot J&J is administered to the younger age groups?
I know shit!

I would say as they are learning as we go along supply can be a bitch, they will just plow on through the age groups, going down in blocks of 5 years. If J&J get their supply here in June/July then probably be used on the under 25's. Clearly no rush to approve J&J right now as we know the supply won't be ready straight away.

There will be first doses in April from a combination of left over doses and of course Moderna arriving in April, so that has to be used on first doses. So some 45-49 years olds will get that.

Must admit I got used to table service. If the restrictions from last Autumn have to be in place to open up to those without a vaccine so be it. I miss a pint in a pub so much I don’t care what I have to do in order to be allowed in seeing as I will be very lucky to have had the jab before they open on the current timescale.
I am fully intending to nick his place in the queue...

"MP Charles Walker tells colleagues he is going to walk around London with a pint of milk as a protest over the coronavirus restrictions. He encourages others to do the same, perhaps those who fear the slide into authoritarianism"

Pp3xB3Tjs9urYUCpJjj3JaqD7taEEUATT2X_9GPb5c5yhAAwZGIkXW7tjsN4fHsC8t8MtakLPg77Twp34S8R4-5PobpS6_b4HenGtdOXT86dBKb8kFmkC1nd_esqs8eDgUredkGiCbCI

Glass bottle or one of the plastic jug things you get in a supermarket? Or a carton? Or poured into a pint glass? Pasteurised, skimmed or semi-skimmed? Bringing some Nesquik along for the ride?

Come on Charlie, details man, details.

Is there some historical context to the walking around with milk as a protest or is this chap just off his fucking rocker?

Going to be hitting level 3 of that Nandos scale thingy.

Probably be official on Monday when the next bits of the lockdown exit start and no doubt done by Boris in his new shiny £2.6m press room.

Also going to bin the odd "Stay Alert" messaging used before this lockdown. Instead we are all going to be told to go outside and enjoy the freshair

been in numerous work meetings, and everything suggests we're all re-opening. full steam ahead! not allowed to confirm it yet though. Boris will announce this on 12 april, return the following Monday.

Found out why my relative hasn't been called for a jab when she should have been weeks ago - she finally got through to the GP to find that her registration had been cancelled & records sent back to Dorset (which is where she was before she moved) - why? no one knows or can tell her & where they are now is anyones guess.

It's now being suggested that pubs that "choose" not to require a vaccine certificate for entry will be forced to maintain restrictions; table service, masks unless seated, rule of 6 etc...
Licencees have the privelige of deciding who they wish to serve or not already. They can refuse service without giving a reason. A lot of fuss being made over something that they already do, but the media doesn't get up in arms if some guy has a few too many and then gets refused service or the owner of an independent brewery decides to forbid the use of mobile phones in his pubs...

No chance the vaccine certificates will take off. You can only enforce/police it in the same way you do LFTs at workplaces, which is to "strongly advise" rather than "you absolutely must or else".

Vaccine Passports will be a typical Boris Johnson Government idea - They will have a plan but not the bollocks to fully implement it and put it on the businesses to decide but with penalties should they ignore. There will be a lot of negative press to which the initial response will be "we trust the hospitality sector to show some good old fashioned British common sense" and then 72 hours later will scrap the idea completely and our PM will be pictured pulling a pint in a Wetherspoons and will declare himself as the person who saved the British Pub. The End.

Back