• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Well, any moral issues you may have had over your stance have been blown up. Follow the leader....
Just because Boris does it doesn't mean we have to. That's abdication of personal responsibility.

The age old "if so and so jumped off a bridge, would you do it to?"

Edit. It is however another damning indicator that he considers himself above the rules

Last edited:
Just because Boris does it doesn't mean we have to. That's abdication of personal responsibility.

The age old "if so and so jumped off a bridge, would you do it to?"
I'm more on about a justification for actions. Pad had strong reasons for binning the App to avoid being locked up and not earning, the actions of those who created the rules we have to follow just means he is doing exactly the same as them. Good enough for them, good enough me - millions will follow that going forward (although I guess the pinging will decrease dramatically from tomorrow when check ins are no longer required)

I'm more on about a justification for actions. Pad had strong reasons for binning the App to avoid being locked up and not earning, the actions of those who created the rules we have to follow just means he is doing exactly the same as them. Good enough for them, good enough me - millions will follow that going forward (although I guess the pinging will decrease dramatically from tomorrow when check ins are no longer required)

I don't necessarily disagree, I just think using someone else's actions to justify your own is a bit weak.

I haven’t. If that was the case I would be binning the app today after seeing what our leader is doing. I binned it over a year ago.

If they wanted to assure app usage and compliance they should have guaranteed minimum basic pay for those self isolating like they did with furlough.

I haven’t. If that was the case I would be binning the app today after seeing what our leader is doing. I binned it over a year ago.

If they wanted to assure app usage and compliance they should have guaranteed minimum basic pay for those self isolating like they did with furlough.
I'm not saying you are, you've made you're feelings clear on this before today. I don't agree with what you're doing but that's your choice.

My comment is around "if Boris doesn't need to isolate then neither do I". Just because Boris is doing it doesn't mean it's ok. It shows what a poor PM he is

I’m half expecting a late back track. The papers don’t seem very much in favour of the full opening, and the WHO have been very damning.

Fat Alex has no record of sudden u turns at all to back up my feeling about what might happen. None at all.

I’m half expecting a late back track. The papers don’t seem very much in favour of the full opening, and the WHO have been very damning.

Fat Alex has no record of sudden u turns at all to back up my feeling about what might happen. None at all.
I think it's very unlikely, if he back tracks his own party will leather him

I think the faith of the 'if now then when' brigade on here and elsewhere is going to be severely tested. I can see us being International lepers within a month

Seems that the change of rules for people returning from France stems from a rise in cases of the Beta variant on a French island 6000 miles away from France.

I certainly wouldn’t book any international travel as this country is probably heading to the red list of every other government on earth.

Seems that the change of rules for people returning from France stems from a rise in cases of the Beta variant on a French island 6000 miles away from France.
Reunion?

It’s in the middle of fucking nowhere.

I certainly wouldn’t book any international travel as this country is probably heading to the red list of every other government on earth.
Yeah, got my rerranged trip from year last due next month but going to be requesting a refund next week I think and then riding this out and doing the trip originally booked in for May 2020 sometime in 2023

Yeah saw that yesterday. We have decided that France and its territories are 1 thing. We do have a spectacular amount of fucking idiots running things in this Country

I’m not desperate to go abroad and don’t understand the rush to book holidays at all. Just fucking wait, it seems pretty bloody obvious.

The PM and Chancellor are avoiding self isolation to take part in a new trial of daily testing.
It’s always been said that Johnson thinks that rules are for everybody else. This is taking it to a new level.
This government are intent in finding new and more cruel ways of taking the piss out of ordinary people. This is just rubbing the noses in it of the thousands, maybe millions, of people whose lives have been disrupted because their child has had to self isolate because of a case in their school/class. They are a vicious, cruel, nasty and corrupt regime to the core.

I’m not desperate to go abroad and don’t understand the rush to book holidays at all. Just fucking wait, it seems pretty bloody obvious.
It's the desire for normality isn't it. Doing things they do year in year out without even thinking about it really. Then having 2 years where things like that can't happen it becomes an overriding desire - Getting on that plane, going somehwere different (or in the case of benidorm, getting on a plane and doing the same things but with heat and Spanish waiters around you).

No different really to people racing out to the pub the moment they could open. Not like they have been denied a drink in 18 months but that sense of sitting down with a pint, talking to people and seeing other people (who you usually hate)

For me, I want to go away but I don't want to be fucking around with testing before I go, come back and wear a mask on a plane for 8+ hours. Only reason I have a trip planned is because I had already booked it and rearranged for a period of time I thought things would be ok...called that badly wrong. So will wait until there is announcement from Biden next week then get my refund and ride the final extended part of this shitstorm out.

Last edited:
Back