• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

I think the faith of the 'if now then when' brigade on here and elsewhere is going to be severely tested. I can see us being International lepers within a month
It’s got to get worse before it gets better. This way is less shit than the others and models back that up. The models have been way worse than in reality the whole way through so if the models say it will be a bit bad but not awful then we have to take that.

Obviously where the models fall down is if vaccine efficacy isn’t great (uptake is already there, should have bought forward second doses though, wife still CAnt have hers). But as I said 6 months ago, If the vaccines don’t work, we’re fucked anyway. Can’t create a new vaccine and roll it out to 65m (/6 billion), in a few weeks. By which time the next variant evading the vaccine is a long.

Its over 2 years since my wife saw her family, the desire to go abroad isn't all about holidays.
Many of a horrible story of people not being able to get out to see families. Hancock was the worst for just lumping all international travel in to going on a holiday so that becomes the narrative.

Its over 2 years since my wife saw her family, the desire to go abroad isn't all about holidays.
I specifically mentioned booking holidays. I have a step brother in Australia who hasn’t seen his dad in 2 years. His dad who has in the meantime had a severe stroke, spent 4 months in hospital and is now living permanently in a care home. I’m pretty sure he wants to travel. So excuse me if I have fuck all sympathy with idiots desperate to go for a 2 week jolly and get stuck having to quarantine or return early. Tough shit.

It's the desire for normality isn't it. Doing things they do year in year out without even thinking about it really. Then having 2 years where things like that can't happen it becomes an overriding desire - Getting on that plane, going somehwere different (or in the case of benidorm, getting on a plane and doing the same things but with heat and Spanish waiters around you).

No different really to people racing out to the pub the moment they could open. Not like they have been denied a drink in 18 months but that sense of sitting down with a pint, talking to people and seeing other people (who you usually hate)

For me, I want to go away but I don't want to be fucking around with testing before I go, come back and wear a mask on a plane for 8+ hours. Only reason I have a trip planned is because I had already booked it and rearranged for a period of time I thought things would be ok...called that badly wrong. So will wait until their is announcement from Biden next week then get my refund and ride the final extended part of this shitstorm out.
I'm going to New York the week before Xmas. In the last week I've thought for the first time I won't be. Full refund for flights and hotel, but concert tickets which weren't cheap are none refundable.

I'm going to New York the week before Xmas. In the last week I've thought for the first time I won't be. Full refund for flights and hotel, but concert tickets which weren't cheap are none refundable.
Apparently Biden doing an announcement next week on Europe so will be interesting to see if the UK are in that.
I think you maybe OK but then again I thought going Aug 31st this year would be fine.

Apparently Biden doing an announcement next week on Europe so will be interesting to see if the UK are in that.
I think you maybe OK but then again I thought going Aug 31st this year would be fine.
Cancelled my conference trip to palm beach last week :(

Aye. Plus I haven’t seen my brother in six years and am waiting to start a new life.
You are in unique position where the Government are absolutely fine with you travelling to Australia....shame they will beat you with a stick and volley you back on the next plane back here

Fuckhead reverses his ‘trial’ decision and going to isolate.

Just because Boris does it doesn't mean we have to. That's abdication of personal responsibility.
It's the Prime Minister!? Of course people will think fuck it off the back of this. Much like they did when Boris didn't kick Cumming's arse last summer.

MP's released to do the media rounds defending the decision must be fucked off right now!

Back