• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

So the two person pilot was cancelled quickly when the entire country called them out for cuntery
To be fair, it's a genuine trial but it is amazing that 3 Government members were put on it (Gove did the trial after the CL Final)

It's the Prime Minister!? Of course people will think fuck it off the back of this. Much like they did when Boris didn't kick Cumming's arse last summer.
Presumably you're now off out to father an indeterminate amount of children?

Edit. A cunt is still a cunt, even if they happen to be PM

Bolsonaro allegedly won an election.

This lot though. Every step is a mis step following up a gaffe and some corrupt incompetence. It must actually take considerable effort to be this bad.

The point is the PM has made rules in the pandemic for everyone and is wilfully breaking them for him and his cronies which has destroyed the worth of those rules.

There’s no rule that says you must not father multiple children by multiple women and then deny it all. From a moral standpoint it’s reprehensible but it really isn’t the same thing. If Boris had passed a law many years ago making such activity illegal then sure your point would be a strong one. However, he didn’t.

From a little country that has an alarming increase from 340 new cases a day to 1400 new cases per day I think Boris The Corrupt should be held personally accountable for all Corona virus related deaths that occur with him relaxing almost all restrictions.
I note the Netherlands did this a short time ago and are now rapidly entering their 3rd total lockdown.
Well, what a surprise!
Go for it Boris, you stupid deaf ignorant fucker.

It's a moral question whether an individual decides to break the rules because the PM has.

In the same way it's a moral question around what one does around parenting.

We’re at the point of a covid-zero being a total unrealistic prospect.

All this pant wetting & fear mongering is helping no one. Let’s see where we are in September for the review after isolating becomes a thing of the past for double jabbed people in August.

For me until we reach the point whereby the politicians that govern us can actually be honest and admit that yes, there are a certain level of deaths that are acceptable, we're going to be in this never ending cycle of hospitalisations/deaths going up, the media starts taking the govt to task over it (which it should) and then the govt shits itself and reimposes the restrictions.

There needs to be a debate and acceptance about how many deaths we are willing to tolerate, we tolerate avoidable death in every other area of society, it's a price we pay for our freedom and overall quality of life. Until the politicians that govern us actually act like leaders and not cowards, we're never getting out of this.

For me until we reach the point whereby the politicians that govern us can actually be honest and admit that yes, there are a certain level of deaths that are acceptable, we're going to be in this never ending cycle of hospitalisations/deaths going up, the media starts taking the govt to task over it (which it should) and then the govt shits itself and reimposes the restrictions.

There needs to be a debate and acceptance about how many deaths we are willing to tolerate, we tolerate avoidable death in every other area of society, it's a price we pay for our freedom and overall quality of life. Until the politicians that govern us actually act like leaders and not cowards, we're never getting out of this.
That debate will never happen, partly because our government are cowards and partly because an abstract concept of some deaths is always fine right up to the point where it’s your mum or dad.

United states?
Not now that Orange Man isn’t in power. There may still be some States that are resisting, due to being run by morons but, on the whole, the US is trying all the right things

Not now that Orange Man isn’t in power. There may still be some States that are resisting, due to being run by morons but, on the whole, the US is trying all the right things
The southern states are doing well but I’m not wholey convinced by Sleepy Joe at all.

That debate will never happen, partly because our government are cowards and partly because an abstract concept of some deaths is always fine right up to the point where it’s your mum or dad.
I understand what you are trying to say and I'm not trying to argue for the sake of it.

All I'm trying to say is that, these restrictions are having a hugely damaging effect on so many people's lives, it's not a binary choice between being compassionate and trying to save the vulnerable on one side, and a sociopathic desire to simply let the virus rip regardless of the consequences on the other. At least for me any debate about the restrictions has never been in the abstract, both courses of action have potentially grave consequences for my loved ones.

At some point we are going to have to face up to fact that covid is going to be here forever. If we never have the debate about an acceptable level of deaths, we wil be stuck like this indefinitely, with all of the societal devastation that goes along with it getting progressively worse.

The scientists advising the government are concerned with the narrow issue of reducing the transmission of the virus and minimising deaths, without really taking account of all of the other factors. For me that should be the job of the politicians. That's why, when they say they are just following the science, it's such bullshit.

Apparently Johnson reveres Churchill and likes to think of himself as a bit of a second coming of him. He's obviously doesn't subscribe to what Churchill said about scientists:

"Scientists should be on tap, but not on top."

Churchill sent a quarter of a million young men to their deaths. There were probably alternative courses of action which would have resulted in massively fewer deaths. But he stuck to his convictions that that was what needed to be done and he took the public with him. I don't really know the pros and cons of whether what we did in WW2 was justifiable, I'm just bringing it up as an example of political leadership.

Johnson is such a coward, he hides behind the science because he can't bear the responsibility of being held responsible for any deaths whatsoever, when that is exactly what a good leader should be doing. To be honest I'm so fucking depressed by it all, it's literally ruining people's lives and I can't see an end to it.

Back