• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

So are we OK with some kids being fodder then for the greater good?

Cant say ive kept up to date with covid stuff since everything all eased up, but from what I remember hasnt the vaccine been shown to be very limited in actually preventing spread. Hence why we still have plenty of infections despite the vast majority of adults having antibodies from vaccine or infection.

Enlighten me (genuine question).
It's about 1 in 500k who would die of Covid and 1 in 470k who could die from having the jab, so although more chance of dieing with the injection it's more a headline as the numbers in reality are more or less the same

Don't worry guys, Texas Governor Greg Abbott has the answer, and it's to... Hm. His answer is to ban all vaccine mandates.

*checks notes*

He really thinks this will help somehow.

*triple checks notes*

...fucking moron.

Recent study says about 1/3 reduction in spread for double vaccinated AZ and 2/3 reduction for Pfizer. But that wanes over time.

I had my second dose of Pfizer in April. Am I still going to be massively reducing spread when presympromatic/asymptomatic 6 months on? The majority of the population had AZ as well so for them even worse prevention.

That’s why I’m not convinced a vaccine passport will be that effective. And proof of test is almost pointless. They aren’t that effective if done correctly and it’s pretty easy to do badly/not at all.

As I said months ago it was purely suggested as coercion. And it’s still mentioned to try and coerce, I don’t think they actually want to bring it in. But I think if you were going to have it you’d have had it by now, don’t think much other than isolated incidents is going to change your vaccine stance.

Proof of vaccination or negative test in bars / restaurants etc would help a lot.
Been to a few events now where you have to do this and you can literally show them any old QR Code and get waved through.

The other month we had a few outbreaks with Covid in the youngest lads football and rugby team so got him tested, he was positive and everyone else (older brother and 2 fully vaccinated parents) negative. Got our PCR tests this followed the same. The youngest self isolated and I had to test myself quite regular to make sure I was clear before infecting offices,

No one else in my house got Covid, yet my youngests class had an outbreak. It really is bizaar and I'm not sure if we got it to weak to be detected or what - all very strange.

PS this was a couple of weeks ago and we were all clear a long time before last nights trip to wembley

Phew, went to a party Saturday, my mates missus phoned us yesterday to say she tested positive. Our results came back negative but a few of our friends have got it.
It's a good job we are clear as we looking after our grandson over the weekend while my lad and his missus go to London for the NFL....he'd have been gutted to miss that.

7 weeks ago most of one stepdaughters family came down with it. they're not vaxxed so had to isolate for 10 days. Did so, she went on day 1 to work in the pub, came home felt ill, and pcr test was positive, so the household had to isolate all over again.
she still can't smell or taste anything after 6 weeks now.
mrs, jelly, and other vaxxed stepdaughter did have contact before the positive pcr tests, and none tested positive of had symptoms. However some other kids did.

the interesting metric for me will be in 2-3 weeks, when we see the additional impact of universities re-opening. that said, pop up vaccination centres on our campus have been well attended. work are surveying all students too, to establish vaccine status, order the right doses, and campaign for more to be vaxxed.

We're just going to have to live with it. Most people can't be any safer than they already are, as a country we can't keep shutting stuff down, the economy is awful as it is. We certainly can't keep messing around with schools and universities. If you're not vaccinated, then with the best will in the world, tough. In all but a tiny handful of cases, you don't have an excuse.

I honestly don't give it much thought at all now. We should stop mass asymptomatic testing at this point, all it does is give out alarming looking headline numbers that don't actually mean anything.

We're just going to have to live with it. Most people can't be any safer than they already are, as a country we can't keep shutting stuff down, the economy is awful as it is. We certainly can't keep messing around with schools and universities. If you're not vaccinated, then with the best will in the world, tough. In all but a tiny handful of cases, you don't have an excuse.

I honestly don't give it much thought at all now. We should stop mass asymptomatic testing at this point, all it does is give out alarming looking headline numbers that don't actually mean anything.
Pretty much agree with this. I'm not sure why our infection rates are so much worse than the rest of Europe unless they measure theirs differently, I'm guessing most other countries are at a similar stage regarding restrictions.
It doesn't really matter, if we can't pretty much get on with our lives with the level of vaccinations we already have, then wim fucked.

They're worse because although they have opened up in mainland Europe they have still kept masks in some places (public transport for example) and insist on vaccine passports. 2 things we could do very easily.

I agree tough on the unvaccinated, but they are still going to fuck our hospitals up. Let be even tougher on them and tell them to get the fuck away from where the rest of us are.

They're worse because although they have opened up in mainland Europe they have still kept masks in some places (public transport for example) and insist on vaccine passports. 2 things we could do very easily.
This, plus also whilst we got a head start on vaccination, we stopped at 18 year olds, whilst other countries pushed on to under 18s. Whilst we are now doing that, I believe the majority of our cases are now among unvaccinated under 18s.

Agree with this - we have had flu for many years, which kills a fair few most years, without daily figures, graphs or Whitty & Vallance.

We live with it. The vaccinations are preventing the worst outcomes for most & as a somewhat older individual we are all going to go with something at some point. All are saddening occasions for those involved, but it is what life is.

Had a flu jab last Sat & my Covid booster is booked for just over 2 weeks away. Am still doing 'risk assessment' before dediciding to go to any particular event or use public transport, but we really cannot keep shutting the country down. Have more concerns re the difficulty of getting anything done still - lack of face to face Doctor appointments, which fortunately I haven't needed, but many of my friends do & can't.

Enforcing Masks is a pointless waste of time. As stated before recommend they should be worn & not demand

Yeah, I don't actually give a shit though. I'm not going to spend the rest of my life hiding behind the sofa, because that isn't sustainable, and there's never going to be a cure.

There is fuck all point in pursuing a zero Covid result. You might as well knit fog.

I agree, it's about being realistic, until hospitals are knackered.

Once hospitals are knackered then we have to do something.

I'm not saying hospitals are or will be knackered, but if they do end up being overwhelmed we don't have a choice.

Back