• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Raab is the "Designated Survivor" so imagine it will be him now.

No doubt his first words will be "I hadn't realised, quite how reliant, we would be on the NHS during a national epidemic"

"and is well enough to carry the job at the moment rather than ask Dominic Raab to step up"

Phew (one of the few times I will be happy to see Boris still capable of doing his job)

Christ Raab in charge. Labour need to finish their contest early - government of national unity with Starmer as deputy would be infinitely better.

Mrs Fizzwolf is, what used to be known as, an auxiliary nurse AKA a careworker. She has been exposed to several people at New Cross that have tested positive and now is displaying all the symptoms and has passed them onto me. Told her to stay off work for at least 7 days where she can then return if symptoms have gone (oddly was told doesn’t matter if still got the cough).

Was originally told, as she is a zero hours contract worker known as bank staff, that for any time off work she would receive an average of the last 10 weeks pay only to then be told she will get SSP of the £94.

Two things pissing me off why can’t at least she, as a frontline worker, have the test to confirm or otherwise the virus and why does she only get SSP when it’s almost certain she picked it up through her work.

To DW,just seen a pic of The Woodman all boarded up. Do you know if this to is to stop looting/break ins, or have they finished for good?

To DW,just seen a pic of The Woodman all boarded up. Do you know if this to is to stop looting/break ins, or have they finished for good?

Would presume to stp idiots getting in to nick the beer.

They gave this update a few days ago

Woodman Inn
20 March at 21:30 · Public
We're sorry to say that, for the time being, we're closing the pub.
Pubs are important parts of the community and the original social network. While our doors are closed for now, our Facebook page is still open, so do check in on us now and then.
Thank you for your support now, in the weeks and months to come, and we look forward to when we can welcome you back to our pub again.

Yeah, just closed for the same reason as every other pub. They were still open this time last week.

Thanks for info. Was just a shock to see it all boarded up.

Health Sec, Matt Hancock also tests positive

Boris trying to take down his entire government...

Health Sec, Matt Hancock also tests positive

Shame, Hancock seems to have been as good a job as possible under the circumstances.

We are going to be left with Nadine Dorries in charge since she's the only one who's already come through it..

The political point scoring is vexing and it's not just the UK. Maybe It's just me but the response will be judged by the outcome with the admission of an event unprecedented - there is a relevant escape clause. To be honest it makes me laugh that the stock markets are fucked up but then again I was never one for gambling in the first place. Hope that the current global police state, the drones and other bollocks is soon replaced by a theory of sound mind and new leaders. I remain cynical ..

Trump vying for reelection - business loan scheme for businesses under 500 employees. Loan from the bank to cover rent, expenses and payroll on average for 3 months. If the business still has the same employees in 3 months time the loan is cancelled.

Now that's a stimulus.

Not much use to you if you're dead
A Los Angeles boy who is believed to be the first teenager in the United States to die from complications due to Covid-19 was denied treatment at an urgent care clinic because he didn’t have health insurance.

“He didn’t have insurance, so they did not treat him,” says R Rex Parris, the mayor of Lancaster, California. “He had been sick for a few days, he had no previous health conditions. On the Friday before he died, he was healthy, he was socializing with his friends.”

Los Angeles County currently has 1,216 Covid-19 cases and 21 deaths, according to the county public health department’s website.

No, but that's the US system. Not to defend the tiny handed cockend but that's not his fault.

Death toll up by 181 today :(

Dreadful news and I expect it will get far worse before hopefully getting better. A work colleague's father passed away in the early hours after a long fight against it. He was in hospital due to an underlying health condition but when he was took in, he wasn't suspected of having it. He was on an open ward so I guess he could have either caught it there or if he did have it, passed it onto others.

Back