• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Florida is a worry with their demographic !

Clearly a big gathering over my local park last night. Empty beer and cider bottles everywhere. Grateful they didnt do their usual trick of smashing them but still fucking idiots. Clearly a % of our society who dont give a flying fuck.

It is quite possible that the spread throughout the US will be slower than Europe, and hopefully more manageable (less unmanageable).

NYC is very large, cosmopolitan, and densely populated, but much of the southern part of the country is totally different. Small towns are exactly that - small. Also relatively isolated - so whereas the virus will eventually reach everywhere, it may take longer to do so. Even the big cities in the south are not densely populated at all - San Antonio has 2 million people but is the same size as the M25, so social distancing has a head start. There are few tower blocks and most homes are single occupier - hardly any semi-detached or terraced houses.

And there is still the hope that warmer weather does act as a deterrent. Temperature today low 30s.

Maybe I sound over optimistic. Not stupid enough to suggest we are safe, just hoping we don't get hit as hard as some.

America has more cases than anywhere else now, it’s all about social isolation not how big your house is or where it is or it’s distance from another house.
Internal air traffic within America is huge and would make it impossible to contain.
If a country the size of America decides to have a blasé attitude to this it puts the rest of the world at risk of a second wave of infection.

Clearly a big gathering over my local park last night. Empty beer and cider bottles everywhere. Grateful they didnt do their usual trick of smashing them but still fucking idiots. Clearly a % of our society who dont giveaway flying fuck.

Perhaps they were just out clapping the NHS ?

Is anyone becoming numb to these numbers, these are actual people dying, it is so scary

If anybody is looking for a game on their phone to while away the hours, or keep the kids occupied, I just picked up Doodle Jump again for the first time in years - so addictive!

Nice again today, weathers gonna be shit the weekend... If anyone been spending allday in the garden, like me, then we all gonna be sneezing come monday.
Our lad was getting hay fever symptoms yesterday.

I only have bonsai and cacti so it's not so relevant for me, (given I was called 'the accident waiting to happen' as a child, you never know) but with the warm weather starting the British Society for Surgery of the Hand issued this earlier in the week.

"We're urging people to take extra care to avoid gardening accidents & injuries that could place unnecessary pressure on the NHS. An increase in use of power tools, lawn mowers & hedge trimmers could lead to a rise in injuries, putting strain on our overburdened health service"

So, if you were cutting the hedge and fell off your ladder after a particularly hard coughing fit, thus lacerating yourself to a fatal degree would that count as a Coronavirus death?

Death by gross stupidity I'd call it as

Alarm going off at work, popped to reset and still the "essential" galvanisers, scrap yards and forgers open.
Day 3 of the scaffold blokes near my house too, bit of re-pointing from them today and they have some shit on the radio so i turned mine "one louder" ...
Oh and the window cleaners came round yesterday.
Seems some business won't be as affected as others during the apocalypse.

Back