• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Fair number down my road (though Mrs next door works for the NHS in some capacity so expected them) - plus someone randomly banging a gong nearby

I'd not abandon hope yet mate. If you can show invoices and proof of payment (as well as actually registering as self-employed) then maybe they can help.

It is a bit frustrating that we have to wait. I checked my HMRC account last night and they have everything back to 2014, right there. You can see what I filed, just pay me on that basis and I am happy.

I'm lucky in that my girlfriend still has her job, and, even if the charity she works for has to furlough her, the combination of 80% of her wage plus our savings should cover our bills for most of the rest of the year. But it is a weird one. I've been registered self-employed since 2011, despite being on PAYE contracts most of that time, because I've always done freelance work here and there. So in terms of paperwork, I'm fine - I can show everything I've earned for the last decade.

The problem is that my freelancing was never more than 10-15% of my income, really... until the 19-20 tax year, where it's most of it, and it's most of it for the foreseeable. I'll get in touch with HMRC when the new portal goes up, but it's a weird way of defining who gets what. I know a lot of people who jump from PAYE contract to PAYE contract, too, where they're effectively self-employed, they're just put through payroll to make payments easier for the client. What happens to them? Hoping it's clarified further.

His mastery of English is similar to my mastery of Ancient Sumerian*

*I know one word. GOZER**

** that's for you, 'Busters fans

Favourite part of Donalds broadcast tonight.

'all these restaurants will be back, all these businesses will be back, it may not be the same owner or the same restaurant but theyll be back'

That's Trigger's broom.

It is quite possible that the spread throughout the US will be slower than Europe, and hopefully more manageable (less unmanageable).

NYC is very large, cosmopolitan, and densely populated, but much of the southern part of the country is totally different. Small towns are exactly that - small. Also relatively isolated - so whereas the virus will eventually reach everywhere, it may take longer to do so. Even the big cities in the south are not densely populated at all - San Antonio has 2 million people but is the same size as the M25, so social distancing has a head start. There are few tower blocks and most homes are single occupier - hardly any semi-detached or terraced houses.

And there is still the hope that warmer weather does act as a deterrent. Temperature today low 30s.

Maybe I sound over optimistic. Not stupid enough to suggest we are safe, just hoping we don't get hit as hard as some.

Just got off the phone with my sister back home.
She said my 78 year old aunt was admitted to hospital on Saturday tested positive and has deterioted since Sunday, bring it all that closer to home..

Been put on a rota with all the other managers now so I’m not back until Monday afternoon and then finish Wednesday afternoon. Felt weird yesterday coming home and being teacher for a few hours, It’s really hard to motivate Cass when she’s at home, she’s at the age where her mates are far more important. Got a feeling today will be more of the same!

Credit to people though, I decided to walk home yesterday as I left at 9:30 and it’s a nice five mile trip around the edge of the green belt. I did see a few people out and about jogging, walking their dogs etc, and everybody was making conscious efforts to stay two metres apart. Couples walked in single file to pass, some crossed over to keep the spacing. Seemed like a normal day in my world!

It is quite possible that the spread throughout the US will be slower than Europe, and hopefully more manageable (less unmanageable).

NYC is very large, cosmopolitan, and densely populated, but much of the southern part of the country is totally different. Small towns are exactly that - small. Also relatively isolated - so whereas the virus will eventually reach everywhere, it may take longer to do so. Even the big cities in the south are not densely populated at all - San Antonio has 2 million people but is the same size as the M25, so social distancing has a head start. There are few tower blocks and most homes are single occupier - hardly any semi-detached or terraced houses.

And there is still the hope that warmer weather does act as a deterrent. Temperature today low 30s.

Maybe I sound over optimistic. Not stupid enough to suggest we are safe, just hoping we don't get hit as hard as some.

There’s an awful lot of red dots already
cf08587518655f865261db9a84ad241c.jpg

Back