• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cost of Living

Lots have cars on credit as well, that’s around £500 a month or something for a Mercedes’ a class isn’t it? going to be lots of repossessed cars alongside repossessed houses, if the mortgages go up by as much as he reckons

Usually they are fixed rate for a defined period

Very glad I just got in on a fixed rate for 5 years a couple of months ago

Lots have cars on credit as well, that’s around £500 a month or something for a Mercedes’ a class isn’t it? going to be lots of repossessed cars alongside repossessed houses, if the mortgages go up by as much as he reckons
very different form of borrowing and type of finance/contract compared with mortgages.
also cars don't tend to get repossessed so much (at the moment), as the loan isn't secured on the car.

Used car prices are still stupidly high, most cars on PCP are probably going to be in positive equity.

Yep. We got our car about 18 months ago. Given that we don't even remotely hammer the mileage I don't think we'd actually lose any money if we sold it tomorrow. Well, other than inflation having rocketed in that period.

I’ll be honest, I know nothing about financing a car loan or whatever it is, not having owned a car for nearly 25 years! I’m a weirdo that cycles and uses public transport.
I do know that living within my means, only having one loan to my name, never having a mortgage, or car finance gives me a terrible credit record. I’ve had to do a few due to trying to move into a houseshare or flat closer to the job I had with the five hour commute, estate agents saying no due to my credit record.

Yep. We got our car about 18 months ago. Given that we don't even remotely hammer the mileage I don't think we'd actually lose any money if we sold it tomorrow. Well, other than inflation having rocketed in that period.
Just popped mine in motorway to check (and partly as I'm very fucked off about the leak) - only had it for 4 months but I can chop it in, pay off my finance and still make back more than my deposit.

I’ll be honest, I know nothing about financing a car loan or whatever it is, not having owned a car for nearly 25 years!
No, no. no - its the internet; if you make a comment about something you don;t know much about you're supposed to defend said comment until you look like the knight from the holy grail

No, no. no - its the internet; if you make a comment about something you don;t know much about you're supposed to defend said comment until you look like the knight from the holy grail
Doh! I’ve been using it wrong, I thought you had to pretend to know everything about everything before you commented

Good possibility of gas prices rising quite a lot and quite quickly, the Nordstream 1 and 2 pipelines have serious leaks in them, 3 big bangs were reported, underwater one registered 2.3 on the Richter scale, then gas was spotted bubbling up to the surface.
Denmark has banned shipping from nearby, and a no fly zone over it.
Wonder who the culprit is, who would possibly want this to happen, on the first day of autumn when it starts getting colder?

Echoes of the 1970s there, when there were no floodlit matches at all for a little while, iirc. I seem to recall going to Bramall Lane on a Tuesday afternoon, or was that just a bad dream?
We played our 1974 league cup semi-final on Wednesday 23 Jan at Norwich with a 2:15pm kick off. The return leg on Sat 26 Jan kicked off at 2:00pm.

Good possibility of gas prices rising quite a lot and quite quickly, the Nordstream 1 and 2 pipelines have serious leaks in them, 3 big bangs were reported, underwater one registered 2.3 on the Richter scale, then gas was spotted bubbling up to the surface.
Denmark has banned shipping from nearby, and a no fly zone over it.
Wonder who the culprit is, who would possibly want this to happen, on the first day of autumn when it starts getting colder?
It didn’t move the gas price as they weren’t in use.

We played our 1974 league cup semi-final on Wednesday 23 Jan at Norwich with a 2:15pm kick off. The return leg on Sat 26 Jan kicked off at 2:00pm.
Yes, and what a bastard coach trip that was, too. The Sheffield game was 4 February. Arrived late cos the driver went to Hillsborough, so missed the goal. Lost 1-0. Happy days :rolleyes:

still refusing to put the heating on chez jelly. aim is always to at least get to my birthday.
weather forecasts saying it is cooler than average for the time of year, but temps are predicted to rise a little by the weekend.

It was actually me this year, I proper got the shivers this morning.

Had to put the heating on this morning :(
Did the same (at my house, not yours...wouldnt do that to your bills) as i am a kind hearted person that was up at 5am and decided the 80 year MiL will think its minus 20 when she wakes up (and I couldn't find our fleece blankets)

Back