• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Could Matt Doherty do a job in the Premier League?

This thread has actually made my day.

It's the little arm movement that makes me laugh, 'offside!'

giphy.gif

If Diego Simeone ever gets a Premier League job he's sure to fancy some of that ultra committed defending.

Ah, my greatest contribution to TWF :D

Hey All,

What do you make of Matt Doherty's form this season?

Well, I think he has been great and could do a job in the Premier League!

With that in mind, I was online earlier and found a great article mentioning him and other Championship stars, worth a look if you have a second!

Click Here To Read

200_s.gif

Hey All,

What do you make of Matt Doherty's form this season?

Well, I think he has been great and could do a job in the Premier League!

With that in mind, I was online earlier and found a great article mentioning him and other Championship stars, worth a look if you have a second!

Click Here To Read

Are you his agent?

Poor bloke just gave his opinion...... :icon_lol:

His huge improvement from the first half of the season is only really noticeable because of how bad he was before! Oh look Matt, you do better when you put some effort in. He's always been fairly good technically. Average Champ defender over-performing in a terrible team. Mind you, got no problem with a Premier League team coming in for him...

Well Burnley ended up with our last slightly out of position left back, maybe they would like another (comes to something when you feel vaguely nostalgic for Stephen Ward)

Poor bloke just gave his opinion...... :icon_lol:

His huge improvement from the first half of the season is only really noticeable because of how bad he was before! Oh look Matt, you do better when you put some effort in. He's always been fairly good technically. Average Champ defender over-performing in a terrible team. Mind you, got no problem with a Premier League team coming in for him...

Amazing what a spot in the Euros squad can do for a lads confidence and performances over, say, the motivational skills of our manager.

Amazing what a spot in the Euros squad can do for a lads confidence and performances over, say, the motivational skills of our manager.

He's got about as much chance of getting in the final Ireland squad as Tony Cascarino. I also don't know why Wales would bother taking Edwards, they probably will for reasons best known to themselves.

He's got about as much chance of getting in the final Ireland squad as Tony Cascarino. I also don't know why Wales would bother taking Edwards, they probably will for reasons best known to themselves.

That may be so, but he believed he was in with a shout, which is when his form changed.

That may be so, but he believed he was in with a shout, which is when his form changed.

It was about 3 or 4 games into his "What the fuck is happening" spell of form that he mentioned playing in the Euro's. No doubt MoN had a word after a couple of impressive performances.

DW will be shaking his head in disbelief.

No real surprise though. He Saville and Price were the only plusses since Xmas.

To double up he gets goal of the season

To finish it off what money hes on the plane for the Euros!

He got the player's PotS too, which compliments the Young Wolves PotS award he got the other day.

All of which has been discussed elsewhere :p

DW will be shaking his head in disbelief.

No real surprise though. He Saville and Price were the only plusses since Xmas.

That first line by Jackett sums things up perfectly. "Matt was too good a player not to be in the team SOMEWHERE"

Just fuck off and take your shoehorn with you!

It's so weird that Simeone actually ended up signing Doherty! 🤯
To offer some balance to this thread, here I am!

In fairness to the OP and linked article, Doherty indeed proved that he could do "a job" in the Premier League, now in his 5th or 6th season with a PL badge on his arm.

Thankfully Semedo (who I've been very critical of) has been very good this season and Doc has only played sporadically...

He's not been great nor terrible, he's done "a job" and he's certainly not our weakest backup player and every team needs backup players.

Back