• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crawley (H) (League Cup) - 09/08/16 - Build-up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Manchester City play mostly a 4-4-2 the year they first won the title?

First Hause, now Price taking a free kick apparently? Not entirely convinced by our defending or attacking at set pieces so far this season.

EDIT: Apparently Price has been taking some decent efforts so what do I know, one of them led to the second goal!

This video is appalling and I can't make out which players are which. Then it went to a gold shirt who controlled it so appallingly that it cannoned off his shin and landed about 10 feet away. So I've located Conor Coady.

Free kick floated to the back post, headed back over by a blurry gold shirt and stuck in at the back post by Conor Coady. I knew it was him because that's what the PA bloke said.

Yeah, Pellers loves 4-4-2. So does Simeone.

Given the right pair in midfield it can work well. However at the very top end it seems to require a Kante-like player with a rare mix of intelligence, energy, and pace.

Free kick floated to the back post, headed back over by a blurry gold shirt and stuck in at the back post by Conor Coady. I knew it was him because that's what the PA bloke said.

Controlled it in

Good tidings. Now finish them off with a third goal.

You mean it was an actual shot from him and he didn't just deflect his first touch in?

Dan beat me to it! :argh:

Costa chance just blocked off as Bod again wins the ball & drives forward - he seems to have taken to the English game well

Costa coming more into this & Bodvarsson winning innumerable balls - the new guys are winning this for us (Coady just happened to be in the right place when the ball hit him to put it in)

Didn't Manchester City play mostly a 4-4-2 the year they first won the title?

That's my point, saying we should play 2 up top is putting your own prejudice over what the manager had picked and is playing. It happens that Mason can't play up front on his own he just doesn't have the ability to do it, but this wasn't mentioned by the poster it was the fact we were only playing one up front.

I happen to agree with DW, it will be interesting if we do buy Talisca who plays with him as I don't think Price can play in a midfield pair either. Our squad is quite imbalanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back