• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace 3-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

There’s also zero tempo to our play. We’re a decent pressing team but so cumbersome when building attacks and it just lets the opposition get back in shape.
We always play it safely, the best example I can think of was 3 or 4 minutes into the second half. Semedo picked up an overhit Neto cross, passed it to Gomes then spun Mitchell quickly and was away and in behind, rather than the first time pass, Gomes checked to his left and moved it sideways. That's Wolves for the last 4 seasons to a tee

Last edited:
Words like 'dominance' and 'better side' have got no place in this thread. We might have shaded possession, but Palace weren't bothered by us at all; and Palace are shit themselves.

We're slow, predictable, and cowardly on the ball. Off the ball movement is non-existent. The starting eleven there cost about £200m (and the CB partnership cost about 25p of that), but there's fuck all to show for it. No creativity whatsoever, we're absolutely fucking awful to watch. There's not another club in the league that would swap managers with us right now, which is a serious mark against Hobbs.

We'll probably just about stay up either way but it's only a matter of time. "The project" isn't just dead, it's almost impossible to remember. There's not even a hint of it left, it's just a memory of a memory. 3rd of September and we just look *tired*, like they've done nothing but push water up hill for a few years. There's no spark, no belief, no cockiness, it's just a depressing watch and it's hard to picture the stars realigning for anything remotely hopeful to come back into view

We always play it safely, the best example I can think of was 3 or 4 minutes into the second half. Semedo picked up an overhit Neto cross, passed it to Gomes who spun Mitchell quickly and was away and in behind, rather than the first time pass, Gomes checked to his left and moved it sideways. That's Wolves for the last 4 seasons to a tee

Indeed. It’s not a new thing, we always play it safe and it is so frustrating.

They bullied us in that last 20 minutes, they were fitter and stronger, some of that is on the manager, some isn't
They didn’t bully us in the opening hour though, did they?

The managers negative changes, attempting to see out a draw at 1-1 when in reality we could have made positive changes and gone on to win the match rather than lose it, were what cost us.

The match was still on “live” here when you did it. We are always about two minutes behind you. Stop being so fucking hasty. There is zero fucking need and it seriously is shit.
Sounds like a "you" problem tbh, but I'll try and remember to give a minute or two longer from now on.

They didn’t bully us in the opening hour though, did they?

The managers negative changes, attempting to see out a draw at 1-1 when in reality we could have made positive changes and gone on to win the match rather than lose it, were what cost us.
You don't get done for fitness in the first 60 minutes. That and the managerial changes are issues, but seperate issues

Are you ever just not a cock? Why are you allowed to act like this on here time after time, honestly?

You're a fucking bully and you're taking advantage of unignorable reactions, too. Leave me the hell alone.
The ignore function can be your friend.

Indeed. It’s not a new thing, we always play it safe and it is so frustrating.
Aye, it's not quite the horseshoe of doom but it's extremely aggravating to watch us turn possession over high up the pitch and our instinct is always just to wait for the defenders to get back anyway.

Like, these two things have to work together. Does nobody see that? Not a single coach, none of the players? Worrying.

Are you ever just not a cock? Why are you allowed to act like this on here time after time, honestly?

You're a fucking bully and you're taking advantage of unignorable reactions, too. Leave me the hell alone.
Agreed. He makes this place more toxic than any other poster and is continually allowed to do it.

Indeed, sadly it doesn't apply reactions which tell their own story.
There used to be a vBulletin option of disabling reactions when starting a new thread. If I had that option I'd use it for all match/verdict threads.

We were ok but Palace just stepped it up at points and we had Sa to thank for it not being 5-2.

Up front despite two fine headed goals we were poor and unimaginative.

It we do go down, the club scouts have it on their heads. Needed a clinical striker for two years now.

We were ok but Palace just stepped it up at points and we had Sa to thank for it not being 5-2.

Up front despite two fine headed goals we were poor and unimaginative.

It we do go down, the club scouts have it on their heads. Needed a clinical striker for two years now.
The issue lies way above the head of scouts

I thought we were OK in the first half.
Not sure why Fabio was playing deeper than Cunha and the two wide players had nothing to aim at, though I also thought Sarabia offered absolutely nothing.

Second half we conceded a terrible goal before somehow pulling back and equalizer and then, inexplicably, decided to shut up shop with 20 minutes to go.

Fabio was absolutely dreadful (even accounting for the weird, deeper position he'd be asked to play). Sasa has to start from now on.

We also can't continue to play Kilman. Nothing defender.

Credit to GoN he's managed to A) remove movement and structure from our game B) made us worse with every game he's been in charge C) made terrible subs today which handed Palace the win.

Back