• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace (A) build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see Otasowie involved. Palace gave us so much space in the previous two games there is a good chance they will do it again and he will then probably be able to create more space for Ruben Neves to be more creative. I would also start Jose up front and give the Palace centre halves something to think about from the outset. Nelson Semedo looked ok at LWB and certainly defended as ok. I would keep him there and play Hoever on the right.

Rui Patricio
Dendonker Coady Boly
Hoever Neves Otasowie Semedo
Traore Jose Neto

Realistically there are too many changes in that team so the only two I really expect are Jose for Podence and Hoever for RAN with Semedo swapping over.

Pretty much no chance we play a 343 with Neves and Vitinha as the two at this point I think.
You're highly likely to be bang on and I can understand the potential concerns of doing so, but it would be good to see a central midfield pairing where we have someone comfortable in tight spaces. Whilst Donk provides aerial ability and will run and run, he's actively detrimental to us at the moment in terms of retaining the ball.

Got to be the same team as yesterday to start. Apart from Jose in the middle up top. Whether to play Pod or Adama is the question.
Adama is an enigma. If his brains were dynamite he wouldn't have enough in there to blow his hat off at times. Then sometimes he's an unplayable worldie. Maybe Nuno really needs to swop him over per half to coach him like Forrest Gump. Or maybe he needs boots with studs in rather than fluffy slippers....

Got to be the same team as yesterday to start. Apart from Jose in the middle up top. Whether to play Pod or Adama is the question.
Adama is an enigma. If his brains were dynamite he wouldn't have enough in there to blow his hat off at times. Then sometimes he's an unplayable worldie. Maybe Nuno really needs to swop him over per half to coach him like Forrest Gump. Or maybe he needs boots with studs in rather than fluffy slippers....
Adama if started needs to be watched to see if the brain is engaged - if not take him off, but that leaves us 1 sub down early which is not ideal.

He is an enigma that I'm not sure anyone will ever decode.

Adama if started needs to be watched to see if the brain is engaged - if not take him off, but that leaves us 1 sub down early which is not ideal.

He is an enigma that I'm not sure anyone will ever decode.
I wish the real Adama would stand up on a regular basis. The brainless one stands up too often for my liking. He is only 25 (yea, uphill paper round obviously) so there is time to coach the stupid out of him.

You're highly likely to be bang on and I can understand the potential concerns of doing so, but it would be good to see a central midfield pairing where we have someone comfortable in tight spaces. Whilst Donk provides aerial ability and will run and run, he's actively detrimental to us at the moment in terms of retaining the ball.

I personally don't think it's a Donk issue, it's a system/choice of player/role given to player problem. We all know Donk's qualities, he's one of the fittest players in the league, he's a willing runner, he's good on the ball if not exceptional, perhaps tidy is the best word, he's good defensively especially in the low/mid block and he makes excellent late runs in to the box. When he has a good game we tend to win imo because he blocks gaps, screens what is usually the back 3 well and then provides legs to get forward and support whoever is playing in the advanced positions.

Nuno for some reason likes his central midfielders to pretty much vacate the central areas at times when we have the ball and i think that is the big issue. He's also asking Donk to be that extra threat in the box this season, now he's done it over the last 2 seasons too but not with so much pressure on him to get goals and i think you can see it when he's getting chances.

Gotta say I'm not enjoying reading Adama being called brainless/thick/stupid/pea-brained ten times a day... we get it! Also has some unpleasant (and obviously unintended) undercurrents
It's in a football sense. Not as a person. I love the guy. His football brain is not switched on at times, and it shows.

I wish the real Adama would stand up on a regular basis. The brainless one stands up too often for my liking. He is only 25 (yea, uphill paper round obviously) so there is time to coach the stupid out of him.
I thought for a period last season Nuno had finally got through to him but the reality is he's been coached for at least 15 years and it hasn't worked yet. I have little doubt he will continue to frustrate managers, team mates, supporters and probably himself throughout his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back