• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace (A) build up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, if we could field this team, it would sort a lot of our issues...
Yep, keeps us solid at the back while having much more options up front. Should definitely try it and see what happens 😂

maybe we can get a field goal too

or..this

Patricio
Semedo Boly Coady Saiss
Neves Moutinho
Podence
Traore Jose Neto

Fred has inadvertently spelt out the quandary though, do you sacrifice defensive solidity for more attacking intent or vice versa?

I think now Nuno has his clean sheet he won't abandon the formation which got it him and Adama moves to the bench

Fred has inadvertently spelt out the quandary though, do you sacrifice defensive solidity for more attacking intent or vice versa?

I think now Nuno has his clean sheet he won't abandon the formation which got it him and Adama moves to the bench
Haha, yeah thats actually what I meant, wanted a debate ;) Thanks TT

RAN is out with a groin injury apparently, due to have an MRI scan.

(Sorry if mentioned elsewhere on the thread, I haven't got the attention span to read back all 5 pages today!)

Jonny is due back fairly soon, isn't he? I'm sure I read a couple of weeks somewhere, although I'm guessing they may use U23 games to build him back to match fitness first.

Jonny is due back fairly soon, isn't he? I'm sure I read a couple of weeks somewhere, although I'm guessing they may use U23 games to build him back to match fitness first.
Nuno said he was due to visit the surgeon in a couple of weeks (that was last week) and once he has the thumbs up he will be back in full on training and ready to go

Saiss has played at LB before for Morocco I think.

Depends whether Nuno fancies Hoever at RB for a week or two until Jonny is back.

Saiss has played at LB before for Morocco I think.

Depends whether Nuno fancies Hoever at RB for a week or two until Jonny is back.

Wouldn't have a problem with Saiss temporarily at LB in a 4, prefer a different skillset at LWB though

Semedo looked good there, assuming we are staying with 3 at the back (which i very much hope we are) thats the obvious choice.

or..this

Patricio
Semedo Boly Coady Saiss
Neves Moutinho
Podence
Traore Jose Neto
quite like this myself..the more i think of it..neves and mout winning the ball and all four attacking players on the pitch

I think he'll go with Semedo and Hoever at wing-back, but like others could cope with Saiss on the left of a back four. Gives a decision at centre back too though, which I guess means Kilman is the easy option to drop.

Semedo was playing left back for Portugal against Spain (and Adama) earlier this season.

I really hope that Jonny comes back soon and can reach his former levels of performance but we need to be careful of thinking that he'll do that straight away considering the length of time out and the type of injury that it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back