• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Cybertosis- 2019-2020

If you're going on stupidly pedantic logic then Cyber said "score against us".

They scored an own goal against us.

If you're going on stupidly pedantic logic then Cyber said "score against us".

They scored an own goal against us.
They didn't score, Bennett scored, he's not a Crusaders player.

They got a goal in their favour, they didn't score it.

They didn't score, Bennett scored, he's not a Crusaders player.

They got a goal in their favour, they didn't score it.
Contradicting yourself.

You can't claim that Bennett scored their own goal, then also claim they didn't score ours.

Contradicting yourself.

You can't claim that Bennett scored their own goal, then also claim they didn't score ours.

No contradiction.

I disputed Cyber's claim that Crusaders would be the first to score against Wolves. They clearly weren't.

The only goal scored against Wolves was by Bennett, not a Crusaders player. The only goal scored by Crusaders was an own goal, against themselves.

Crusaders scored a goal in a game against Wolves but they did not score a goal against Wolves.

EXACTLY.

The own goal they scored for us is une herringue rouge

So on that logic crusaders were the first team to score a goal against us but for us. Fuck even with my logic that's obtuse.

So who will be the first ex wolf to score against us? My money is going on Surman.

Basically I see the 2019-20 league as three leagues. Anyone who is not listed below in the top 5 who makes the top five has over performed. Anyone in the middle eight who either breaks top 5 ( over performs)or finishes bottom 7 ( underperforms) Anyone in the bottom 7 who finishes higher over performs. Hope that explains the logic ( lolz- logic on this thread)

Top 5- In any Order
Liverpool- Starting to click right through the squad
Man City- awesome quality and depth.
Spurs- Need to buy in a couple and keep Poch.
Arsenal- Starting to get it right but defensively shaky
Chelsea- Transfer ban may have an impact.

Middle 8- These I expect to be challenging the top 5 more closely but ultimately not break into it.
Man Utd- In transition
Everton- Looking more the part since Christmas.
Leicester- Rogers has them playing better and more consistently.
Wolves- Now people know what we are capable of
West Ham- Just starting to click
Palace- Beat anyone on their day
Southampton- decent squad if they keep their stars
Watford- Always capable on their day

Bottom 7
Newcastle- They still have underlying issues that will prevent real progress
Norwich- Still concede to often only 13 clean sheets coming up.
Sheff utd- May Find goals difficult. Will do well to stay up without major strengthening
Brighton- only just survived
Bournemouth- crap overall since Christmas.
Burnley- Real team ethic but they lack quality and depth.
Play off winners- None should get out of the bottom 7 whoever wins.

3 from Brighton, Bournemouth , Sheff Utd or Norwich to go down.

Sticking with this as fuck all has really happened to make a difference for me. Its show time. 38 games to go!

Newcastle are way worse off you'd have to say. Going from Rafa Benitez (as much of a whiny dickhead as he can be) to Steve Bruce is like swapping a seat at Langan's for an all you can eat knock off KFC clone.

But they won't spend like Fulham nor will Derby. Fulham bought great quality for the wrong positions. Neither Derby or villa will do that.

Villa''s owners are as rich as they come. They will spend massively, it's whether or not the can get the right quality in and gel them into a a team.

Well its Villa , Norwich and Sheffield Utd coming up then. Incredibly I think Villa will finish the highest. I know it depends on who they buy in the summer and who they keep but Smith seems to have them gelling at the right time and that could be good for them. Still not out of my bottom 7 but well enough not to have too many worries 40 points or more.

On the cybertosis score we didnt beat them for 30 years betwreen 1980- and 2019 but have a 3 win 2 draw 3 defeat record agianst them since. I would hope for four points but it will more likely be two or three. So not changing my predictions at all. Norwich Sheff Utd Bournemouth and Brighton- any three from those 4.

Newcastle are way worse off you'd have to say. Going from Rafa Benitez (as much of a whiny dickhead as he can be) to Steve Bruce is like swapping a seat at Langan's for an all you can eat knock off KFC clone.

Last season I had Newcastle for the drop with Cardiff and Huddersfield. Whilst they looked awful against us they beat West Ham and I cant see the hammers struggling. I get its only pre season. Villas signings confirm to me that they should be safe. Norwich and Sheff Utd will both finish below them. The real test is if in any of my three leagues scenario a team moves DRAMATICALLY either up or down. Thats where the shock comes. A bottom 7 predicted team finishes in the top 5 or a top 5 team finishing bottom seven! Thats what I want!

If we lose tomorrow I hope you know it'll be all your fault Cyber. You'll never be allowed to go to a game again.

twpo good example of Cybertosis superstition/ Karma striking yesterday in two different sports.

In cricket Kent a win off the top of the league, due to play Glamorgan 0 wins all season and its rained off , effectively costing Kent a point given Glamorgans form. And Tammy Abraham gets a soft penalty which is converted yet misses his own penalty to hand the supercup to Liverpool in a shootout so thats Karma in action for you.

Not really

Why? Kent have beaten all but the best in this format. Glamorgan's can't beat anyone yet the gods of rain decide its a point a piece. Abraham gets the softest penalty then misses the decider. That's karma 101

Abraham you can maybe use karma (although for that you would he would need to have cheated to win the penalty)

The cricket one is just one of those things isn't it. Nowt to do with Karma that a shit team get a point against a good one

Back