• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Danny Batth

More than a bit perverse to be advocating a centre-half based on how he played in a 6-0 defeat where the opposition stopped playing after an hour!

It sounds weird I know, but there were a couple of times he came out with the ball and started attacks. You have to factor in we played a left side of Hunt and Zubar, plus a midfield two of Davis and Edwards!!

I don't think you'll see much of him this season. Doesn't appear up to the physical rigours of the English game as it stands and is going to have little to no understanding with any of the other centre-halves having hardly kicked a ball in months. I occasionally talk reasonable sense about how I'd like us to play but you wouldn't stick me at left-back next Saturday.

If we have the ball I don't understand why that should be a problem... and on understanding neither do the others!! :p

If Batth had been bought in the Jan window from a lower league, we would all be happy with him on that performance against high-flying Leics.. I'm pleased he's in our squad.

He did well,and should be paired with Johnson when he returns.

Coming into a side short on confidence, I thought he was very good, and should be in the side when RoJo returns and get rid of Berra asap

Apologies for resurrecting a very old thread, but Danny does a lot of non-footy related stuff that deserves recognition. He spent time in the ticket office taking calls from STHs for example.

And now, this is in the national press:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35064203

Top fella.

Ideal character but like Stearman not good enough to play in the PL. Oh for a Dean Richards or even a Craddock.

We aren't going to play in the Premier League anytime soon and much as I thought he was poor yesterday on balance he's fine for where we are at. I applaud his community minded activities

True legend and would probably go down in history as such in a career spent in the lower leagues, we want Wolves to be playing their football at the highest level and only some of those that are coming through form our youth development and possibly Benik will ever realise that.

We're always going to be 'where we are at' if they haven't got the acumen to attract and develop players who are 'where we should be'. The extended contacts given recently were a disgrace.

Two different points, I agree Doherty and Edwards shouldn't have been given new contracts, you cannot wave a magic wand and develop players through that don't exist. There isn't a centre half in our 21's who is close to the first team, hence why we didn't have one on the bench when we only had 2 fit and Iorfa out. I hate the 'where we should be' crap. Wolves have spent 4 seasons in the last 31 in the top division. To anybody under 45 'where we should be' is the Championship

Tony, I highly rate Landell but he wont learn anything alongside Baath. I hate saying that. Our defence is absolutely shocking.

Personally I think EEL is ok for what in reality he is, a back up centre half at a mid table championship club. I don't really see him improving significantly. I agree with you that him and Batth aren't an ideal partnership with them both being agricultural particularly when it comes to distribution

Back