• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Dean Watch.

apart from maybe San Quentin, the jokes like this about British prisons are very often tongue in cheek, as the scenario in the UK is vastly different to the scene in Jails in the USA, but it was a joke and i find it difficult to get too serious about it. (respect to Alan who is in a vastly different position to view this than me)

I view it a joke far more about rape than homosexuality. Without dragging over the rape dynamics it's rarely about sex, rather than power.

I love comedians who push boundaries that is afterall what they do but I can't stand the casualness with which people joke/wish criminals become subject to sexual violence but they're not likely to go away with the current justice discourse.

I hope his mattress is defective and springs push into his back every single night.

Apologies in advance to anyone who has a shit mattress in real life.

I hope his mattress is defective and springs push into his back every single night.

Apologies in advance to anyone who has a shit mattress in real life.

This comment is down right reckless, somniphobic at best.

As a rape victim, I find it personally insulting that rape is EVER on the table for humor.

If it's a joke, it's a fucking shit one. And if you've never been through that experience, you have NO IDEA what you're doing by making light of it and should wind your fucking neck in.

"Don't drop the soap". Jesus wept.
You're confusing a light hearted humourous one liner, with an insensitive discussion about a serious crime.

Context is everything.

You're confusing a light hearted humourous one liner, with an insensitive discussion about a serious crime.

Context is everything.
I am not the one who is confused. I don't have the luxury of confusion on this topic anymore. That was taken away from me.

Ok lads. I don't think James meant anything by it, but clearly it's a sensitive subject for certain posters (understandably), so lets move the conversation along & back to everyone's favourite subject; Dean Saunders.

Cheers xx

35701848516_250c514e30_b.jpg

Attachments

• 1ucbmz.jpg
    1ucbmz.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 20
Didn't you legitimately boycott matches while he was the manager?

Yes I did. Bristol City at home was my final game that season.

I could not deal with that bullshit any longer. I'll take a hell of a lot off this club, it's not all been sunshine and roses for the past 31 years. I'm not having someone who would legitimately be outperformed by a chimp trying to tell me he has all the answers, while the higher-ups decide he's doing a grand job and let him continue on to the inevitable disaster.

I still have nightmares about what we'd have seen if he'd fluked 21st place, because they wouldn't have sacked him.

I remember it still being kind if a surprise that he got sacked when we went down.

I think it was just impossible to predict what Morgan would do - in the past year and a bit he'd chosen Curbishley as #1 candidate on the basis of nothing only to get blown out, more or less decided to take Bruce then caved, went running to Grandad Walter Smith, left TC in charge, appointed Solbakken with a grand new vision and given up inside six months, gave Saunders the job with no interview...you couldn't second guess what would happen.

All things being equal then of course he had to go, he did an abysmal job. I could genuinely pick you 1,000 managers who would not have relegated that squad from that position (none of them would have been such cunts or constantly talked such utter rot either).

If he had fluked survival then he would have stayed and we would have ended up with a loathsome squad (I would also not be attending games until he went).

We'd have signed Kaspars Gorkss permanently if we'd have stayed up.

Which is a bit like test driving a car with no wheels, then deciding to actually pay for it.

Our spine would have been Ikeme, Johnson, Gorkss, Henry, O'Hara, Doyle. Bet we'd have kept Hunt. Plus whatever mutants he signed (Marlon King for one, possibly Jack Robinson too, assorted L1 hammer throwers to follow).

It would have been grimmer than the prospect of watching Lambert's game vs Rotherham on a loop.

I will reiterate that walking away from the club (temporarily) hurt more than I can accurately express in words and I'm not proud of it. It's just a stance I took.

When Mick went was that when we also made approaches for Poyet and McDermott - I think by the time those 2 plus Curbishley and Smith didn't come off, they just went with Connor because by that point you're looking at 5th/6th name down the list.

Ok lads. I don't think James meant anything by it, but clearly it's a sensitive subject for certain posters (understandably), so lets move the conversation along & back to everyone's favourite subject; Dean Saunders.

Cheers xx

Thank you Jinky and others.

Hopefully Dean serves all 10 weeks and gets all the help he needs. Can’t imagine spending all the time has around Alan Brazil helped his habit. Let’s hope he get’s some counselling with this while inside and turns his life around.

Didn’t realize that Morgan pretty much offered him the job but I agree 100% with Deutsch because again how the hell he managed to take our team out of the league (even with it’s issues) is shocking to this day. Gorrks is possibly the worst CB we’ve had

Of course it is homophobic. The obvious inference is that dropping the soap could result in something unwanted or unwelcome. Or worse. Hence the word "don't" at the beginning.

I don't think you thought the comment through did you?

Definitely not a homophobic comment.

It's a comment about the prevalence of male rape in prisons, commonly used as a joke.

He hasn't said a single word against gay people with that comment. You've managed to offend yourself over nothing here mate.

When Mick went was that when we also made approaches for Poyet and McDermott - I think by the time those 2 plus Curbishley and Smith didn't come off, they just went with Connor because by that point you're looking at 5th/6th name down the list.

And also no-one was saving us. No point throwing good money after bad. That squad was mentally gone and would only ever have stayed up on work ethic and unity. We didn't have a huge amount of talent. So once the effort drops, everything goes with it.

O'Hara literally ruled himself out for the season and Bassong visibly gave up after a few weeks. These were supposed to be two of our better players.

Back