• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Derby County (H) Build up thread

Has anyone considered that after a few below par performances, Wolves might just go out and play well against one of the better teams in the division?
Yep...you and...errrrrr maybe KJ

Pure and simple damage limitation, I expect Mason to be dropped and 90 mins of desperation. I pray Williamson and Zyro are able to play a part soon as I am running out of things to look forwards to. I predict 2-0 to Derby.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Staying at home and watching this on the box. Hopefully it won't be a channel switch early doors. Saying that I reckon we are going to get absolutely humped to death.

If I didn't have a train ticket purchased I would seriously consider staying at home and doing my next uni assignment.

Expecting a thumping as a birthday gift to me from Wolves.

I saw them 10 days ago against MK and they were poor. Although they won on Saturday and are winning tonight so are maybe improving and poor is good enough to beat us. Johnson and Martin were both at least half a stone overweight

95% of clubs in the league are good enough to beat us at the moment.

While I would never not want us to get a result in a game - annoyingly, I could see Saturday being the game that keeps KJ in a job.

Staying at home and watching this on the box. Hopefully it won't be a channel switch early doors. Saying that I reckon we are going to get absolutely humped to death.

I'm going, as I keep stating for my day out more so than the football (non), but will Sky+ it if only to see the potential venom another heavy defeat will bring on. Though I'm not party to that sort of reaction I don't blame those who are.

Lads, whats the plan for Saturday? The early kick off fucks things up for us, I wanted to go for a few pre match beers in the Western and then do the Wolves museum,but I doubt we'll have time.

Who's hanging around after the game? We'll be looking for a pub showing the rugby and then looking for a good Indian restaurant? Any suggestions?

I'll be around after, probably not before though. Was going to head to the new Slater's bar in Queen Sq, but that won't be showing the rugby. But that's a little bit later though isn't it?

Lads, whats the plan for Saturday? The early kick off fucks things up for us, I wanted to go for a few pre match beers in the Western and then do the Wolves museum,but I doubt we'll have time.

Who's hanging around after the game? We'll be looking for a pub showing the rugby and then looking for a good Indian restaurant? Any suggestions?

I'm around after & all evening as staying over as well - won't be up much before the game though.

Can no doubt phsycally locate one of the Indian restaurents that we have used before, but can't remeber what they are called (always had a problem remembering names) - one of the others can no doubt expand on that

The museum is also open on Sundays (11 - 3.30) depending what time you are going back - worth doing

This is a game where going with one up top and packing the midfield would actually be justified; for all their recent struggles Derby have a lot more quality than us (and indeed most teams in the division) so setting up to at least in part contain would be ok. It would be such a Ken 2015/16 thing to do if he went 4-4-2 and open against a team like this after setting up extremely negatively against a long stream of dross teams.

This team, of course, will never happen but it's arguably the time to be radical, we have a lot of players who are in no form at all and aren't playing their way out of it, and/or aren't anywhere near good enough.

----------------------------------Martinez----------------------------------

Simpson----------------Iorfa--------------------Hause------------------Deslandes

-----------------------Price-------------------McDonald---------------------------

--------------Hunte--------------Enobakhare-------------Byrne------------------

-------------------------------Mason-----------------------------------------------

As we do not have any wingers fit or in form Id play 3-5-2

--------------------------------IKEME------------------------------------

---------- Baath------------------EEL----------------HAUSE-----------------

--IORFA-------COADY---------McDONALD-------PRICE---------HELAN

----------------------- MASON ---------SIGGY------------------------

It gives us two up top

It gives us three at the back to mark their 2 strikers

It gives us 5 in midflield to outnumber them there

Whats not to like with that plan ?

Throwing them in as we speak

Debating whether to go or not this Saturday - haven't been to a game this season and this will be my only chance until next season, although I said on a different thread last week I definitely didn't want to go as it approaches I do miss match-days (mainly before and after)

If I do decide to go this is the team I would like to see

Martinez

Iorfa-----Williamson-----Hause-----Deslandes

Price-----McDonald

Byrne------Mason------Helan

Sigurdarson​

Don't know if Williamson is fit and I highly doubt Deslandes will play but Martinez must come back in the side at some point, Price should be in there and Byrne needs a run of games to see what he can do

Back