• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Derby County (H) Build up thread

Williamson won't be involved

I will be watching this one from me armchair, which means we have lost even before a kick of the ball.

I think we'll lose come what may but should Derby get an early goal like at the Ipro I think we'll implode and get hammered once the heads drop. Derby haven't performed to their ability this season but have considerable quality to cause anyone problems.

As discussed on Sexual Helan's signing thread, I really don't think we have the players to play 3-5-2. We are a mess at the moment but chucking in unsuitable tactics (which hardly ever work for anyone in English football, not this century anyway) is not the answer.

Lads, whats the plan for Saturday? The early kick off $#@!s things up for us, I wanted to go for a few pre match beers in the Western and then do the Wolves museum,but I doubt we'll have time.

Who's hanging around after the game? We'll be looking for a pub showing the rugby and then looking for a good Indian restaurant? Any suggestions?

We'll be getting into Wolves about 11 and will probably be heading to the Moon for some eats before the game. After the game we'll probably head to the Dog & Doublet for a real ale and a result postmortem!

I would like to see Iorfa given an outing as an extra centre half or more likely sitting in front of the back two of EEL/Hause.

But, I fear us getting took apart (again) down the flanks.

Awful dilemma for KJ but Mac and Price have to start so too Mason and ALF.

I'm really not expecting much, draw would be great. I look at the table and don't feel confident in us beating anyone at the moment. Derby just got a win but stuttering themselves, we looked shattered after Brentford defeat, as soon as we concede we are broken. At least we got an actual left sided player, I'm sure he'll get a 5 minute cameo when we losing already.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I think we'll lose come what may but should Derby get an early goal like at the Ipro I think we'll implode and get hammered once the heads drop. Derby haven't performed to their ability this season but have considerable quality to cause anyone problems.
Nah we already had the Ipro spanking, it's at home this time.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Lads, whats the plan for Saturday? The early kick off fucks things up for us, I wanted to go for a few pre match beers in the Western and then do the Wolves museum,but I doubt we'll have time.

Who's hanging around after the game? We'll be looking for a pub showing the rugby and then looking for a good Indian restaurant? Any suggestions?

I went to the Bilash the other Friday and it's possibly the best Indian I've been to.

I have concerns about saturday.
Conceding early, on the tv, could result in a very poisonous atmosphere, venomous fans and so on.
I'm worried the club will look bad, and it could escalate. We know how the negative sections of our fanbase can behave.
This could all get broadcast around the world. How would that make us look?

No different to any club having a shit season.

Anything nasty will only come if we're losing. If we lose that'll be three points from eight games. Very, very few fanbases would tolerate that. Especially in a league where we aren't at a material disadvantage to the majority.

I'm sure the supporters understand the limitations of most of these footballers and the fact we are where we should be based on their abilities/experience. In fact there hasn't been much dissent or outrage just apathy. If they play with spirit and at least 'have a go' then the crowd will get behind them. We need and crave wholesale change and that for me is where the tensions lie. Just need a bit of hope don't we ???

Anything nasty will only come if we're losing. If we lose that'll be three points from eight games. Very, very few fanbases would tolerate that. Especially in a league where we aren't at a material disadvantage to the majority.

Three from eight followed by Mboro, Bristol C, Blues, Burnley and Ipswich so how many points will we amass from 13 games in all! Our form has been awful for ages now including our fortunate 4 game winning streak.

I would like to see Iorfa given an outing as an extra centre half or more likely sitting in front of the back two of EEL/Hause.

But, I fear us getting took apart (again) down the flanks.

Awful dilemma for KJ but Mac and Price have to start so too Mason and ALF.

I suspect you have watched Iorfa the same amount of times as me. So on that basis you should realise that the kid cant jump and is shit scared to head a ball. Coupled with the fact he will get bullied easily by any bulky forward (Ie Chris Martin, will have him for supper). So with that leave him at right back.

Back