• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Dominic Iorfa

Already? Damn, goes by fast.

14 including the cup games actually.

I think he was close to hitting the dip but was taken out of the starting 11 for a few games (cue loads of cyber crying and stamping of feet).

Yeah, it was the only reason I could suggest at the time. I know people don't rate Doherty (I'm not particularly keen but he's OK for this level) but we have to look after our players. Just like he was with Dicko when some were unhappy about him not starting against Charlton and Reading I think

Bit odd to talk about this dip as though it's inevitable. Maybe it is, though, I dunno. I guess a long season like in football can get to be a slog if you aren't properly prepared for it mentally.

I know what you mean, but no player goes through a career without some kind of dip

How good is this lad? Seriously impressive performance once again yesterday. Hard to believe he's only 19 years old.

How long until he's picked up the by the press and linked with all the big clubs? Byram's being linked with 'Pool today and Dom looks far superior.

I have posted on the Verdict thread saying the same thing. As I live in Spain it's the first time I have seen him, and I think if he continues to improve he will be awesome.

I bloomin' love Dominic Iorfa.

In fact, I can't remember the last time I was so blissfully happy with our full backs. Iorfa and Golbourne are both just class.

Typically, the national press first pays serious attention to squads of unknowns in the Championship after their first major televised win - like Swansea, whose players started getting noticed after they won the playoffs the year they went up, ready for the whole "Swanselona" crap at the start of the next season. Plus other factors play a part, like if it's from a team which has historically had a lot of success, like Leeds, who still get disproportionate press coverage (though that's also in part because they're a compelling shambles off the pitch as well).

If we don't go up this year, we'll be one of the favourites for next season, and that in itself will start bringing attention too. Broadsheets will actually bother profiling individual players as part of pre-season features, rather than just a couple of paragraphs to cover the whole squad for most teams - that sort of thing.

How long until he's picked up the by the press and linked with all the big clubs? Byram's being linked with 'Pool today and Dom looks far superior.

I could see Liverpool coming in and offering an obscene amount of money for him. Hopefully we get promoted and fend off any interest in him in the summer.

He had a very good game both defensively and offensively..great workrate to be running like that too..seems very stable

Back