• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

End of Season Dinner

On another note, it's a nice touch by the Club to Re-name the Jack Harris Stand to the Sir Jack Hayward Stand...

It's a touch Sir Jack wouldn't have wanted though

On another note, it's a nice touch by the Club to Re-name the Jack Harris Stand to the Sir Jack Hayward Stand...

I think its shocking if Im going to be honest and If Sir Jack was still alive he would say no to it.

I think its shocking if Im going to be honest and If Sir Jack was still alive he would say no to it.

It's just an opinion, I can imagine this subject is going to be a prolonged debate with some of our fans.

I think it was renaming molineux the Sir Jack Hayward Stadium would have been against his wishes but naming a stand after him for all his done and he was a supporter as a young man in the south stand so it think is a nice touch.

Maybe but the people that made this decision to rename the stand knew him far better than any of us soo its done now and lets accept it.

I think it was renaming molineux the Sir Jack Hayward Stadium would have been against his wishes but naming a stand after him for all his done and he was a supporter as a young man in the south stand so it think is a nice touch.

If it wasn't for Jack Harris buying Bully with his own cash the Wolves revolution would never had kick started.

Its accepted.

I hope they give Jack Harris a proper tribute in the Museum though.

I also presume the club would have spoke with the Harris family about the idea/decision

Ill never accept it because somebody has gone behind Sir Jack's back and done this against his wishes..

Kit - decent

Stand name - fucking appalling idea going totally against the desires of the man it is being named after.

If it wasn't for Jack Harris buying Bully with his own cash the Wolves revolution would never had kick started.

Yes i know, but name changes will always happen and yes Jack Harris is probably just as important if not more than Sir Jack and im not defending the decision to rename the stand we know Sir Jack didnt want anything but its happened.

To be fair my view on it is they have over done it somewhat cuz now we have the Sir Jack Hayward Training Ground, The Sir Jack Restaurant and now a Sir Jack Hayward Stand which is by Jack Hayward Way :/ so i think they should have kept it as it was but they didnt and we cant do anything about it.

I agree with Quirk, Jack Harris deserves way more credit than he gets. I very much doubt most of us would be on here whining about a shirt without him.

John McAlle inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Johnny Hancocks as well.

The kit looks miles better in the video, but seriously footballers should never wear suits, never, never, never!

For me, this stand name change is as bad a mis-step as the club has made in a long time. Removing the tribute to an important club figure to give extra honour to another club figure who didn't want that honour at all. Massively wrong for me and disrespectful to the Harris family.

For me, this stand name change is as bad a mis-step as the club has made in a long time. Removing the tribute to an important club figure to give extra honour to another club figure who didn't want that honour at all. Massively wrong for me and disrespectful to the Harris family.

I also think it's a mistake, but misguided as opposed to a major, unforgivable error which I think is a bit OTT.

They should have just commissioned a statue for SJH - as has been said many times by many people, he didn't want anything more than that.

Back