• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

End of Season Dinner

Before jumping in and saying it is disrespectful to the Harris family, we have no idea what discussions were had and what the Harris family said/wanted.

Also, I blame all members of the Parliament for this.......

For me, this stand name change is as bad a mis-step as the club has made in a long time. Removing the tribute to an important club figure to give extra honour to another club figure who didn't want that honour at all. Massively wrong for me and disrespectful to the Harris family.

I see what you are saying but surely they wouldn't have done this if Sir Jack was so against it. Maybe a few words were spoken before he passed or i would have hoped so anyway. There should definitely be something named after Jack Harris now in any case.

Oohno, have to wear a black t-shirt under that v-collar

I see what you are saying but surely they wouldn't have done this if Sir Jack was so against it. Maybe a few words were spoken before he passed or i would have hoped so anyway. There should definitely be something named after Jack Harris now in any case.

Jack Hayward memorial programme - "if they name the stadium after me, I will haunt it"

He also had to be convinced to have Compton named. No way this was in his wishes, certainly at the expense of Jack Harris.

I also think it's a mistake, but misguided as opposed to a major, unforgivable error which I think is a bit OTT.

They should have just commissioned a statue for SJH - as has been said many times by many people, he didn't want anything more than that.

Or actually do this when they actually rebuild The Jack Harris..

Jack Hayward memorial programme - "if they name the stadium after me, I will haunt it"

Get out clause - They named a stand after him not the Stadium....

I don't think the club have gone into this without any thought or discussions. I don't fully agree with it and I hope Mr Harris gets a suitable tribute elsewhere in the ground.

And that is what it is - a get out.

I am sure there have been discussions. However, I am hugely, profoundly disappointed by this move. Build a statue. Great. Removing another name, just no.

Get out clause - They named a stand after him not the Stadium....

I don't think the club have gone into this without any thought or discussions. I don't fully agree with it and I hope Mr Harris gets a suitable tribute elsewhere in the ground.
The Harris family have obviously given Wolves the go ahead. But Wolves shouldn't have even asked because we all know Sir Jacks thoughts.

He also had to be convinced to have Compton named. No way this was in his wishes, certainly at the expense of Jack Harris.

I know but i just can't see them doing this without having blessing from Sir Jack at some point and the family of Jack Harris. Maybe we will hear more about it over the next few days.

The Harris family have obviously given Wolves the go ahead. But Wolves shouldn't have even asked because we all know Sir Jacks thoughts.

No they shouldn't but this has come off the back of suggestions/pressure from fans. So they are trying to please a % of fans and as you know, nothing the club will do will ever get full approval. Glancing around Social Media, the plan has got the thumbs up (and for Social Media to be on the side of the club is a miracle). E&S may run a poll on the plan, so will be interesting to see the outcome of that as well.

Nice shoes, Scotty too hotty :D

Stearman's hair is a disaster zone though :facepalm:

Assume they did discuss with the relevant families, but can't see why it was necessary.

A statue of the 'Wright' quality would be appropriate though

I like the new kit, sponsors name looks less intrusive than many

Dominic Iorfa wins Young Player of the Season

Don't think I'm keen on the renaming of the stand.
Makes it sound like the stand was built or paid for by Jack Hayward, when in actual fact, he did so much more than that.
Making the focus on something less than the whole isn't a good move.

A statue, a road, an airport, etc (I know Wolves don't have an airport, but you get my drift) is ok, but I don't like for who he was and what he did, I don't think it's right.
Steve Bull yes, sure, Sir Jack... no, not really.

Back