• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

End of Season Dinner

Mixed response to the end of season dinners from me. Not overly keen on the new shirt - reserving judgement until I see it in the flesh. Happy with Stears as player of the season, he was my second choice.

Not happy with the renaming of the Jack Harris, IMO it's not something Sir Jack would have wanted.

The training complex is named after Sir Jack. A thumbs up statue in the ground would be the utmost tribute, and sufficient imo.

Was there a chance for the audience to give Kevin Doyle a round of applause upon his leaving yesterday?
Felt the fans didnt get a chance on saturday thanks to the stupidly shit music being piped out.

Was there a chance for the audience to give Kevin Doyle a round of applause upon his leaving yesterday?
Felt the fans didnt get a chance on saturday thanks to the stupidly shit music being piped out.

Good question!
In fact, I know there are a few of on here that thought Doyle was ok, so without fanning that fire again, I'd like to obviously post a vote of thanks for the effort and genuine contribution that Doyle gave to the club.
I'd like to think he was thanked at the dinner and references made to best wishes going forward etc.
I thought he handled himself particularly well in the time he was at Wolves and latterly in the times of great change he kept his head down and got on with his career.
I like the way he chose a different path than the other guys, conducted himself in a fit and proper manner and eventually got recognised by Jackett.
Did he say anything at all?

Morgan spoke about Doyle.

Wolves
‏@OfficialWolves
Steve Morgan: "I'd like to say a big thank you to Kevin Doyle who's been a great servant to the club over recent years."

Kenny Jackett has said nothing but praise for Doyle since he returned to the 1st team. Other than put a video on Youtube of him kissing his ass I am not sure what else he can do really.

Yes, and got one of loudest round of applause of the night

Morgan spoke about Doyle.

Wolves
‏@OfficialWolves
Steve Morgan: "I'd like to say a big thank you to Kevin Doyle who's been a great servant to the club over recent years."

Kenny Jackett has said nothing but praise for Doyle since he returned to the 1st team. Other than put a video on Youtube of him kissing his ass I am not sure what else he can do really.

He also said the same about Sako too.

Back