• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Espanyol (A) 27/2 2nd Leg Build Up and Match Thread

Well, Nuno will be pissed off with that. Saying it doesn't matter is to fail to understand our manager - for him it's all about performance and the performance tonight was poor. MGW heading for a season on loan in the Championship and neither Kilman nor Vinagre did much that was impressive - altho' gold star to Kilman for the quick throw. We're in the next round and while you can argue that's all that matters, rest assured that Nuno will be handing out a few knacker-whackings in the dressing room right now

BTW - We just did and managed the tie. If we hadn't we would be in extra time or something rather than absolutely coasting through.
Why are you acting aggressively towards people again?
All I was saying is we played within ourselves and it doesn't suit our style. I'm not fussed we lost on the night, just highlighting our approach, probably subconsciously, wasn't conducive to our strengths.

Doubt Nuno will be giving them a blasting, he'll care about as much as when we got gubbed 3-0 by Sunderland.

Through, no injuries, no bans, didn't have to run too hard, don't care about anything else.

Podence was very good, especially second half. Don't think MGW was as bad as is being made out, bit of a whipping boy (and loans are awful, look at the current thread and indeed last season's for details). Neto's miss :icon_lol: Save your goal for Sunday, son.

Why are you acting aggressively towards people again?
All I was saying is we played within ourselves and it doesn't suit our style. I'm not fussed we lost on the night, just highlighting our approach, probably subconsciously, wasn't conducive to our strengths.

I'm not acting aggressively at all?????

I just pointed out that we managed the tie and did what we needed to.

You're an aggressive victim blamer.

* Puts stirring spoon back in enameled spoon box*

I guess I am then. So be it.

I have FAR more important things in my life than what an internet forum thinks of me.

:coffee1:

Anyways, ref was shit and Espanyol players are a disgrace.

Onwards to Totenham and a decent draw tomorrow

Well its nice to qualify with ease and give a few players some game time, Podence looks excellent, is it churlish of me to be a bit irritated at losing when we should have won? Thought MGW was coming into the game quite well but started losing his head when didn't get the free kick he should have and then picked up a yellow.
Oh Pedro, you're my current favourite player...a horrible shank when you could have walked the ball into the net.
Our picture went tits up just before the penalty, comms were giving Vinagre pelters, then Nuno took him off, why was that?
Thought it was Kilmans poorest performance but no doubt he'll learn from it, he actually played better when he went LWB

Best thing about tonight was Neves, Jota and Jimenez's performance

Doubt Nuno will be giving them a blasting, he'll care about as much as when we got gubbed 3-0 by Sunderland.

Through, no injuries, no bans, didn't have to run too hard, don't care about anything else.

Podence was very good, especially second half. Don't think MGW was as bad as is being made out, bit of a whipping boy (and loans are awful, look at the current thread and indeed last season's for details). Neto's miss :icon_lol: Save your goal for Sunday, son.

Totally agree with this

Son's injured so he wont be getting a goal on Sunday...

Please fuck don't let us get Getafe next round.
Such a bunch of fucking spoiling, cheating, rolling around cunts.... Please please please.

Can someone explain how Neto missed? Was at other end to us and it looked like he could have just walked it in?
On the replay, you can see clearly he doesn't look up once. Admittedly he shouldn't have needed too, but might've helped get it on target...

Although some of our defending was weak, it's very much job done.

I thought Podence was great - a real threat, looks fantastic on the ball. Interesting to see how many excellent, pacey attacking options we have even when we have the luxury of giving Raul a break. Neto's miss was unbelievable but aside from that, it was yet another lively performance from him. Agree re: MGW getting unwarranted stick. I dont quite understand what it is he seems to have done or why he's singled out so often?

Ref was frustrating - glad Traore didn't pick up a 2nd yellow because Espanyol were doing everything they could to get him sent off, whilst he got nothing himself.

Nuno won't be happy with some of their goals but it's done now - hope we get a good draw later today. Copenhagen would be great.

Fans seem to love a scapegoat, same ones who deride MGW will be the same ones that only a few months ago were saying Neto doesn't have anything and will never make it. Some were even questioning Podence after a 5 minute cameo. Don't think MGW was any worse than the rest of our midfield last night, in fact he seemed to be getting his shit together just before he got subbed. Some people expect players to be perfect right from the start. He's young, will have some good periods and some less so, doesn't help not getting a run in the team

For me, Traore just needs a bit of tough love - seems to me that he is playing like he believes the hype about him - trying to beat a whole team, going to ground like a prima donna - like Vinagre, he needs to look at Moutinho and understand that less is more - do the simple things well, and do less of the flash stuff that rarely reaps rewards.

For me, Traore just needs a bit of tough love - seems to me that he is playing like he believes the hype about him - trying to beat a whole team, going to ground like a prima donna - like Vinagre, he needs to look at Moutinho and understand that less is more - do the simple things well, and do less of the flash stuff that rarely reaps rewards.

Interesting comparison between Traore and Moutinho specifically on risk/reward here https://twitter.com/MarkTaylor0/status/1233313376903794688/photo/1

Traore was getting fouled a lot, and the ref was giving us nothing.

On the flip side that "foul" that was given against Traore when he robbed their player was a joke.

Traore was getting fouled a lot, and the ref was giving us nothing.

On the flip side that "foul" that was given against Traore when he robbed their player was a joke.

Happened in the first leg as well, it’s like they have been warned about him for some bizarre reason.

Back