• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Espanyol (A) 27/2 2nd Leg Build Up and Match Thread

Traore was getting fouled a lot, and the ref was giving us nothing.

On the flip side that "foul" that was given against Traore when he robbed their player was a joke.

Most blatant one was around 30 minutes. Their captain held Traore back outside the box - even hooked his leg up through Traore's. Ref was looking straight at it and ignored it. Would have been a foul and a yellow in the Prem.

I was a little disappointed in the final result last night, but after reflection today it was ok, Neto puts into an open net and we win the game 3-2. Podence for me only did ok but you can't argue with two assists. We didn't learn anything we didn't already know about the fringe players though, but key players got a rest.

Don't think MGW was very good last night, that might be why he's getting some stick from others who agree...

*woman shrugging emote*

I still love the guy, you are allowed to think both.

Looking at the E&S player ratings from last night. I only had the radio commentary but from what they were saying Vinagre had a stinker.

The E&S Ratings
Vinagre 7
Gibbs White 4

Playing to an audience are they as MGW seems to be current favoured scapegoat of the masses?

From Jedwards match ratings, it would appear that Rosie had been helping him with his homework.

Truly awful and not even accurate, pretty sure Kilman didnt trip anyone for the penalty but it was for a high foot

Looking at the E&S player ratings from last night. I only had the radio commentary but from what they were saying Vinagre had a stinker.

The E&S Ratings
Vinagre 7
Gibbs White 4

Playing to an audience are they as MGW seems to be current favoured scapegoat of the masses?

Vinagre does my head in - there is a really good player there but to be effective he needs to get the ratio between basics and skillz to more 10:1 than the current 1:10.

Vinagre worries me defensively, especially if he's going to have to play all games for the next few weeks

I'd still say that the lack of improvement from Vinagre in two-ish years with Nuno is at least worrying and at worst alarming.

I'd still say that the lack of improvement from Vinagre in two-ish years with Nuno is at least worrying and at worst alarming.

Nonsense. He's still only 20 years old FFS - he's done perfectly well when called upon and doesn't look out of place in a top half PL side. Yes - he needs to know when to cut out the show boating and occasionally his inexperience gets the better of him but I'm never exactly nervous when he's named on the team sheet.

I think he's going to be a cracking player and he will continue to improve.

Did absolutely fine against both City and Liverpool this season, away from home.

He was alright in the first half and was a good outlet down that side. Mostly at fault for the pen through giving the ball away and he'd been sloppy in that opening 15 minutes so taken straight off.

I'm sure I heard one of our coaching staff angrily (and frustratedly) yelling "Vinagre" over and over again about 10 mins before the penalty (possibly Nuno), so as Deutsch says, the decision to haul him off was probably a culmination of things.

I'm sure I heard one of our coaching staff angrily (and frustratedly) yelling "Vinagre" over and over again about 10 mins before the penalty (possibly Nuno), so as Deutsch says, the decision to haul him off was probably a culmination of things.

I was in the car driving home with it on the radio and you could here it pretty loudly.

Just as David Connolly (yes that one) was continuing into his successive anti-Wolves rant.

Did absolutely fine against both City and Liverpool this season, away from home.

He was alright in the first half and was a good outlet down that side. Mostly at fault for the pen through giving the ball away and he'd been sloppy in that opening 15 minutes so taken straight off.

He'll end up a LWer for me so his defensive lacking aren't as much as a worry.

Wasn't sure if that was the coaching staff or one of the (few) Espanyol fans giving him stick close to one of the mics. As you say though it seems to fit.

anyone who has spent any serious time in Spain will know....YOU DO NOT FUCK WITH THE GUARDIA CIVIL!!!
In Catalunya it's the Mossos d'Esquadra not the Guardia Civil or the Policia National. It looked like it was the Guardia Urbana who are the Barcelona municipality police that was involved in the video.

Amen brother. Th Guardia are para military, they want to fight they train to fight.
They need no excuse to smash any and all people in the way. There is no restriction and no requirement for guilt, just being there is enough
In Catalunya it's the Mossos d'Esquadra not the Guardia Civil or the Policia National. It looked like it was the Guardia Urbana who are the Barcelona municipality police that was involved in the video.

Finally back in the land of the living. Had a decent trip. Managed to avoid any bother and still have all of my belongings on me. Had no hassle getting to and from the ground on the Metro and getting in was a breeze.

Finally back in the land of the living. Had a decent trip. Managed to avoid any bother and still have all of my belongings on me. Had no hassle getting to and from the ground on the Metro and getting in was a breeze.

Also just back and avoided any real issues as well. I did see one occasion where police were purposely goading what looked like very innocent Wolves fans with shoves into the chest, looking for a reaction. The fans stayed calm and walked away. Not all would have done.

Straight into the home end, steward even personally scanned my print at home tickets barcode and said 'enjoy the game'. I mistakenly then went upstairs and bought two alcohol free beers... 100% confirming my 'dos cerveza' Spanish doesn't extend to understanding 'dos cerveza sins alcohol' [or similar]

I don't think you can buy alcohol in Spanish grounds so asking for cerveza was probably right for what you got!

Back