• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton Verdict Thread

I have read this thread but not yet watched the game (i have it recorded) dont know whether to bother.

When Raul scored his goal, he was kicked on the side of the head by Digne.
Play was stopped for treatment to Raul but I didn't see anything done about the foul play.
Surely that was a yellow card minimum.

It should have been a yellow yes. There was no intent, but the guidelines are clear; if you are putting your foot up there it is your responsibility to make sure you do so safely.

They aren’t wrong. I said last season that those chants are a complete embarrassment

When Raul scored his goal, he was kicked on the side of the head by Digne.
Play was stopped for treatment to Raul but I didn't see anything done about the foul play.
Surely that was a yellow card minimum.
It was Coleman, but yes he should have been booked for it.

Agree with all that - Donk was awful today. Benno was decent, if uninspiring forward passing wise. (Coady had his worst sweeper game for us)

Bennett played a great through ball to Raul along the floor at one stage.
Watching Vallejo the other week, I was a bit disappointed at this so-anointed ball playing CH we've signed, he played a lot of loose ones.

Bennett played a great through ball to Raul along the floor at one stage.
Watching Vallejo the other week, I was a bit disappointed at this so-anointed ball playing CH we've signed, he played a lot of loose ones.

Bennett had the highest pass completion for a Wolves player yesterday - 80%

This article is spot on. Embarrassing.

Absolutely, but equally embarrassing for the people of Liverpool that their local paper had to explain that to them. Obviously still some raw nerves being touched up there.

Do they not realise that more it winds them up the more it will be sung.

I’m also not sure why the keep moaning about us as everyone sings it to them.

Having now watched the game we weren't as bad as some make out IMO. We haven't quite clicked yet though.

Do they not realise that more it winds them up the more it will be sung.

I’m also not sure why the keep moaning about us as everyone sings it to them.

Its a shit song and I cringe when our fans sing it (up there with sheep shagger when we pay a Welsh team for me) but I agree with your last point. We had it last season where the media only seemed to mention it after we played them, but West Ham fans singing it was ignored when they did it during a live game.

Probably because Wolverhampton is seen as a dump so is ironic.

The song was never funny and find it a bit small time when our fans sing it. It’s a bit hypocritical considering Wolverhampton has suffered just as much economically over the years.
But It’s not the worse most abhorrent thing going on in the game at the moment and certainly isn’t the most distasteful thing I’ve heard.
By all accounts from those who were there it was sung for about 30 seconds not the entire game.
Look we all know how annoying parts of certain fan bases work they’ll find what irks you and expose it.

It was sung some point in the second half, can’t remember when. I was actually hopeful we were going to get through the whole game without it but never mind. They probably resorted to it because the football was dire.

I'm already bored witless by the international break...

Back to the game for a second, is it being overlooked how much we are missing Doherty this season? He’s such an important part to how we play and by having him clearly not right and a completely different type of player to him coming in must surely be affecting how we play.

Not sure we are missing him that much, Traore is ok defending and has created loads.

Back