• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ex-Wolf Watch

It's possible that the main issue with his form post injury has been confidence, and now he's getting it back.

People seem to just lump it on Raul is finished and not the fact we had little or no bastard that was competent to supply the forwards.

It's possible that the main issue with his form post injury has been confidence, and now he's getting it back.
Lage was just plain crap with any kind of tactics to help move the ball forward for Raul and Lopetegui just didn't want to know and put him to pasture. GON I think would have used him properly.

I think that's entirely possible, but if he'd gone another 13 games without a goal for us this season as he did with Fulham he wouldn't have been close to the team by the time he found it.

He was rightfully behind a completely cooked Costa
When you have to play back to goal from 30 yards out and not get given any scraps, that goes for Costa etc etc you expect nothing. Im not putting that on Raul at all.

He was rightfully behind a completely cooked Costa, when he was on the pitch he was a shadow of himself. You are reinventing history
I was with you till Costa's name came up, I'd have had Raul in before Costa pretty much every time, Costa had about 2 games where he contributed anything.

Costa’s hold up was invaluable last season, however little else he could provide.

Not so sure about that.

Costa was absolutely diabolical - I was actually embarrassed for him most of the time, he was that bad.

Maybe, but it’s not just the goal scoring, or lack of. Whenever I’ve seen him post injury his all round play has been terrible.

It’s great to see him score a couple, and he will always be a favourite here id imagine. Time was right for him to move on though. If he hadn’t of had the pre injury performances, he would’ve been vilified for not being good enough.

Still hate Luiz for that. Bastard.

Why? Hwang was one of the very few people yesterday who were running in the right direction !
And then falling over. Costa might have held the ball up and created something for those around him.

Back