• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 3rd Rnd Replay] Wolves 0-1 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

Think Neves' last FK goal (bar one which was obviously an OG) may well have been in the Europa League...

Everton at home a few seasons ago?

We've been pretty shit at attacking set pieces since returning to the Prem, IMV.

Dex did well until the 5-3-2 which discombobulated everybody, IMO. Then he didn’t really settle again when we switched back.
Plus the fact that adama went missing and left him with the whole of our left side to both attack and defend practically on his own.

Surely he's scored a free kick since August 2018 :D

Edit: In fact I know he has, Arsenal at home in April 2019 for a start.

Yes Arsenal is the only one I could think of and wondered if there had been one since. So that’s nigh on 4 years. May as well not bother shooting from them.

It’s actually pretty tough to score from them nowadays (JWP excluded) anyway as long as the wall does it’s job. 4 big players jumping with someone of the floor. Anything closer than 25 yards is too close to get up and down. And anything much further the GK should be able to see/get accross.

Looks like that's the last one.

So, not since COVID.

It’s actually pretty tough to score from them nowadays (JWP excluded) anyway as long as the wall does it’s job. 4 big players jumping with someone of the floor. Anything closer than 25 yards is too close to get up and down. And anything much further the GK should be able to see/get accross.
Michael Olise likes this. To be fair he was aided by putting Fred in the centre of the wall but it was a cracking strike and looked like it might have cleared a much taller player.

25 yards out! The perfect distance to get it up and down as I said

We’d been playing about 5 mins when I got to where I stand last night, I’m pretty sure we kicked off the second half, so did we win the toss and decide to kick towards the Southbank in the first half?

Back