• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 3rd Rnd Replay] Wolves 0-1 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Last edited:
Confirmed a lot of what we already know. One job now and everyone knows it. Liverpool’s MOTM a toss up between Sa and Marriner

Not sure whether Liverpool were there for the taking, or whether they were comfortable sitting back and not having to go up through the gears in the face of such an ineffectual attack for the first hour.

I think I come down on the side of us winning that if we'd started with Cunha and Podence. Without those two we just do not have enough movement in the final third.

Same old sums it up really.
19 games left to work hard and save the season.

Clearly didn't fancy a trip to the seaside based on the majority of that. You'd have thought having been robbed in the first tie we'd have been massively up for it but clearly not.

Concentrate on the league I guess (the old clichés are the best after all).

Bothered.

Hopefully the manager saw enough to work on in the league.

Poor performance, a lot of deadwood in this squad. Adama and Jonny first out of the door for me. Both a total waste of a shirt.

we should have played a stronger team - liverpool we’re absolutely nothing. we were worse.

Better team once we'd got closer to the first 11 on, but the same old lack of a cutting edge is a concern. Cunha looks like another player who'll be dangerous in the build up but isn't looking like a goalscorer from what we've seen so far. I'd be starting him behind Raul from now on, but I think we still need a new 9.

Best team won. How long does Julen need to work out that Adama and Hodge shouldn`t be in the first eleven. First half was absolutely tragic. We have to concentrate on survival now. Some of our relegation rivals won`t be shivering in their boots. Hoo I`m fed up.

Radio made it sound like Liverpool barely had a touch second half. Can’t recall us testing their keeper though. Let’s all hope Sarabia has a time machine

Our passing is shite.
The number of times when we're good positions and we fuck the move up a terrible pass.
It's plagued us for a few seasons.

Only saw the 2nd half, dominated possession but didn't really do anything until cunha and podence came on.

Adama was adama and needs to not play again.

MOTM Neves by an absolute country mile

I guess everyone, bar Wolves, got what they wanted in the end. Should never have been playing tonight after we won the first fixture, but there we are. Referee absolutely appalling again, but honestly getting tired of saying it.

Ultimately, can’t complain on this evening in isolation. Shape and formation was wank from the start. We don’t have the players to do what Lop wants us to do in that formation.

No surprise that when we got more attacking players on and actual bodies in the box in the last 10 minutes we started to cause them some problems, without creating anything clear cut. I’m all on the Raul/Cunha train now. He’s got to start them both together. Podence & Sarabia either side of them. We have to score more goals.

Defensively, we’ve got to get a new CB in this week. We’re a bomb scare at the back.

All in all, a pretty horrific game of football.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but that's on the manager, five at the back in the first half whilst were losing so nullifying any kind of attacking threat, leaving Adama on when all he achieved was to make himself a laughing stock on national television, and a keeper and two defenders who are prone to making fuck ups we'll pass every chance from the back, lets invite pressure 18 yards out, Shearer actually summed it up, there's no belief in ourselves

Back