• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 4th Rnd] Wolves 1-0 Brighton: Verdict Thread

I thought that Buonanotte should have received at least a booking. He left something in at 3 consecutive challenges before Doyle gave him a good shove back and both were spoken to.

I was surprised at how snidey and unpleasant they were. I didn't have them down as that sort of side, but they were pretty dislikeable. Buonanotte and Enciso in particular were right whingey, divey, tantrumy bastards.

I have to comment about Gross, who I thought acted like a thug.
He is a quality player but he targetted Lemina, first flattening him with the strong shoulder to his chest just outside their area, and then raking Lemina's heel, an action he has got sent off for previously.
I think the one on Lemina was getting towards the edge of a red card. No attempt to play the ball and could have caused serious injury.

I was surprised at how snidey and unpleasant they were. I didn't have them down as that sort of side, but they were pretty dislikeable. Buonanotte and Enciso in particular were right whingey, divey, tantrumy bastards.
Whilst I agree regarding Enciso it did make me laugh that Sarabia just kept fouling him, and then just stared into his soul like a hard man that he isn't.

Talk that we'll get the 12pm on Sunday slot, which would be shite

Blues and Albion at home on the Saturday. We were due to be too against Bournemouth however throwing a West Midlands derby into the mix with 4500 Coventry fans travelling may be too much for WM Police.

I know you're part of the McDonalds Massive/Costa Crew before a match, but you can surely see how 12pm on a Sunday isn't ideal :)

Atmosphere for that KO time is generally below par.
No I've only ever been into Maccies once in my life before the match as the lads I went with wanted to go there. I'm a burger van outside the ground and a coffee inside kind of guy.

When I was a STH many moons ago I used to prefer Sunday lunchtime games over the late Saturday games personally. That's just me though as I've not got kids and Sunday was always a dossing day.

From a purely selfish pov, I'd like a Friday night please, don't know if that's possible.

From a purely selfish pov, I'd like a Friday night please, don't know if that's possible.
Last 2 seasons it's been Saturday tea time and 3 on Sunday. Liverpool will be one of the Sunday games as they are in Europe on the Thursday

Hwang Hee-chan went down with what O’Neil described as a minor hamstring injury that will most likely rule him out of the trip to Newcastle. “I’ll be amazed if he plays Saturday,” the Wolves head coach said. “At least I can have another couple of days playing ‘Who plays No 9’ on my white board.”

We just had a transfer window. Not all on him (personally think all transfers are Hobbs/Shi's domain not the coach and has been since the Nuno days) but wild that we are in the very foreseeable position.

And for all the PR, Fraser is clearly not much of option right now.

Why on earth do the FA seemingly do everything they can to fck up their flagship product? Every year, for ages. Rounds spread over days on end, draws made halfway through the round, matches scheduled for obviously sht times (including the final)… As I boringly mention often, I’ve got all the elements that should make an early Sunday kick off ‘logical’ but I can think of nothing worse. Given our game is unlikely to appeal to many people who can’t go anyway at least schedule it at a time when attendees can enjoy it fully.

Popped round to see my Dad this afternoon so had the rare treat of seeing the Guardian in actual, real paper. That says ‘ties to be played 15-18 March’ so perhaps a Friday evening is an option? Not looking forward to the nostalgia of someone reminding me about Guardian typos now…

My lad is running the Stafford Half Marathon so 12 on Sunday is the worst possible option.

Back