• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 4th Rnd] Wolves 1-0 Brighton: Verdict Thread

Sunday would be perfect for me from a very selfish perspective. I have long stood plans on the Saturday.

Sunday anytime would suit me as flying over on Saturday lunchtime, so would more than likely miss it if on Saturday 🤔

The late Sunday will be the Liverpool United game as first pick. The other the are much of a muchness but us against Coventry will be pick four. City v Newcastle will obviously be first pick for whomever has pick two

Why on earth do the FA seemingly do everything they can to fck up their flagship product? Every year, for ages. Rounds spread over days on end, draws made halfway through the round, matches scheduled for obviously sht times (including the final)… As I boringly mention often, I’ve got all the elements that should make an early Sunday kick off ‘logical’ but I can think of nothing worse. Given our game is unlikely to appeal to many people who can’t go anyway at least schedule it at a time when attendees can enjoy it fully.

Popped round to see my Dad this afternoon so had the rare treat of seeing the Guardian in actual, real paper. That says ‘ties to be played 15-18 March’ so perhaps a Friday evening is an option? Not looking forward to the nostalgia of someone reminding me about Guardian typos now…
Don't knock the "Gruniad" fine payper.

Cov are playing West Brom tonight on Sky by the way.

That’s probably the best time for me. Hopefully with it being on TV, I can bag two tickets once they’re on general sale.

Doubt I'll bother, it's not inconvenient as such for me, just rubbish.

I had enough points to go to The Hawthorns if I'd wanted so I'll easily have enough for Wembley if we get there and I want to go.

Next round, Sat 16th 12.15 ko.
Pah! I’m in Birmingham celebrating my 40th birthday on this day (40, ffs - how has this happened?!) - and to make matters worse, at least 3 of the lads coming are Coventry fans.

Frustrating that it’s an early kick off as we’re doing something until 12:30, so will have to try and find somewhere to watch the second half.

On that front, does anyone have any good suggestions of venues that show football in Birmingham and aren’t a million miles away from the city centre?

On that front, does anyone have any good suggestions of venues that show football in Birmingham and aren’t a million miles away from the city centre?
Hennessey's is decent for football viewing.

Semi final teams get 34k tickets and the final is 30k so any sth would be guaranteed one should we get there

Been there to see us now, the surrounding area is a fucking hovel, if it were a standard away game I'd never go back like I'll never go to Southend again. In fact Southend is better, so is Rotherham, Hull, Gillingham or insert any other shit venue you like (excluding the crap out of town ones like Reading or Coventry where there is literally nothing to do).

If we get through then get City I'm not sure I'd go to watch us almost certainly lose another semi-final. A final would be a different deal.

It's more a me thing tbh, I'm struggling with it of late. Not really sure I even enjoy it any more.

Last edited:
Pah! I’m in Birmingham celebrating my 40th birthday on this day (40, ffs - how has this happened?!) - and to make matters worse, at least 3 of the lads coming are Coventry fans.

Frustrating that it’s an early kick off as we’re doing something until 12:30, so will have to try and find somewhere to watch the second half.

Head of Steam is decent. Loads of screens, large selection of drinks and on Temple St. BOX if you're closer to Brindley Place.

Back