• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 4th Rnd] Wolves 1-0 Brighton: Verdict Thread

Hennessey's is decent for football viewing.
Head of Steam is decent. Loads of screens, large selection of drinks and on Temple St. BOX if you're closer to Brindley Place.
Cheers, gents.

@Lycan - I've been to Box a few times (we're going to Flight Club, so will be close to there) but weirdly, they didn't seem to have any football on the screens last time we went!

Head of Steam is decent. Loads of screens, large selection of drinks and on Temple St. BOX if you're closer to Brindley Place.

Yeah I was going to suggest Head of Steam.

You could combine it with a very tasty grilled Indian feast at Hen and Chickens not too far away from Snow Hill - wonderful food, they always have the football on. Decent beers in there too.

Cheers, gents.

@Lycan - I've been to Box a few times (we're going to Flight Club, so will be close to there) but weirdly, they didn't seem to have any football on the screens last time we went!
Surely you could ask the bartender to switch it on? Would that be a faux pas over there?

Cheers, gents.

I've definitely watched football in there before.

Head of Steam is literally right opposite Flight Club though so it's probably easier to go there.

I've just called Box and spoke to the manager (who was a Bluenose) and he's sorted us a table and guaranteed they'll put it on for us. Sorted! Thanks for the suggestions, gentlemen.

We are only allowed to do that on the King's birthday. Custom which goes back to Saxon times
This has gone totally over my head, but I trust that it's a very good joke.

Been there to see us now, the surrounding area is a fucking hovel, if it were a standard away game I'd never go back like I'll never go to Southend again. In fact Southend is better, so is Rotherham, Hull, Gillingham or insert any other shit venue you like (excluding the crap out of town ones like Reading or Coventry where there is literally nothing to do).

If we get through then get City I'm not sure I'd go to watch us almost certainly lose another semi-final. A final would be a different deal.

It's more a me thing tbh, I'm struggling with it of late. Not really sure I even enjoy it any more.
Wembley is crap for parking unless you're staying over too.

I’ll probably do the SF as I can just jump on the tube opposite Helen’s and get off at Wembley Park station. Piece of piss. And I can do the pre match drinking in Rickmansworth as well if needs be. Fuck drinking round Wembley again, absolute fucking dive.

£30 for the Steve Bull again, just purchased

Cheers, gents.

Trocadero right near Flight Club and will have it on 100%

I’ll probably do the SF as I can just jump on the tube opposite Helen’s and get off at Wembley Park station. Piece of piss. And I can do the pre match drinking in Rickmansworth as well if needs be. Fuck drinking round Wembley again, absolute fucking dive.
Are we all invited?

Grauniad is what it was called by the entire advertising industry throughout my 40 years, as a tribute to the zillions of spelling mistakes, still is as far as i know
I know, that's why I 'corrected' your error 😉. The term was originally coined by Private Eye magazine.

Back