• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

[FA Cup 3rd Rnd Replay] Wolves 0-1 Liverpool: Verdict Thread

I thought Jonny was getting back to summat like his best but not so good tonight, tbf don't think it does him any favours putting him at RCB, he won't be a CB as long as he's got a hole in his arse.

The better team won. C'est la vie.

The main positive I can take from that is the fact that we're more likely to play the XI that ended the game as opposed to those who started, and we've got more players to come in.

Didn't seem as up for it as we did on Saturday but TBF I get that, and Saturday was always the more important game.

Having the options of Lamina, Sarabia, Cunha as opposed to Traore, Hodge means I'm not too concerned about tonight.

Elliott should have been closed down. Given too much time, no pressing especially Jonny who was poor again.
Both Collins and Toti backing off when Elliot had no other options, one of them needs to engage, clean the fucker out in necessary. Also one of our 3 midfielders should have been getting involved.

The bit I missed out from my last post was Adama carries absolutely no real threat.
He runs well, gets the ball and makes 3 yard pass, or he crosses and it is never, ever, a productive cross. EVER!
its kind of thrilling to watch him flying down the wing ( not tonight) but when it's time to shoot or cross..... ZERO. Rubbish and shite.
Unload him for as much as we can get, and draw a line under him.
Lage might have been a good manager, but Adama ruined him!
Kidding, just kidding....

An awful game of football and when you start with so many ineffective players it’s an uphill task. Jonny, Moutinho, Hodge, Adama, Lembikisa and Raul shouldn’t be starting a game from now until the end of the season unless we’re desperate.

I know a lot still want to see Raul with Cunha but i’m not seeing that, he looks miles off it 95% of the time and has the odd moment where it looks like it might come back. Pretty much the same with Joao, off the pace, slow but sometimes comes up with the odd bit of link up play, not nearly enough though. It’s time to move on.

Thought we played well once we'd subbed off the children.

Liverpool were pretty comfortable sitting back defending their lead, just let Adama have the ball in space and let him fuck it up.

An awful game of football and when you start with so many ineffective players it’s an uphill task. Jonny, Moutinho, Hodge, Adama, Lembikisa and Raul shouldn’t be starting a game from now until the end of the season unless we’re desperate.

I know a lot still want to see Raul with Cunha but i’m not seeing that, he looks miles off it 95% of the time and has the odd moment where it looks like it might come back. Pretty much the same with Joao, off the pace, slow but sometimes comes up with the odd bit of link up play, not nearly enough though. It’s time to move on.
Agree with most of this apart from Raul, thought he did ok, absolutely no team mate within 40 yards of him for 65 minutes. I'd like to see Raul with Cunha closer to him start a few games.

RAN was scoring if the lights hadn't gone out btw.

Agree with most of this apart from Raul, thought he did ok, absolutely no team mate within 40 yards of him for 65 minutes. I'd like to see Raul with Cunha closer to him start a few games.
Not based on tonight really for me, just not seeing it in the other games either. Coordination just isn’t what it was from what i can see a lot of the time and so neither is his strength.

If it's not Raul then who is it?

Cunha isn't a 9

Moutinho isn't a pseudo 10, neither are Neves, Lemina or Nunes

People are seeing a Costa renaissance I'm not. Still trying, still slow, mind still writing cheques his legs can't cash.

The answer is someone new, but in the absence of that?

Collins, Toti and Kilman (who obviously wasn’t involved tonight) all have 2-3 mistakes in them a game. Sa goes from world class to Sunday league in the blink of an eye.

We need an experienced head in there ASAP.
I don't disagree but I actually thought both Toti and Collins played alright tonight.

Not based on tonight really for me, just not seeing it in the other games either. Coordination just isn’t what it was from what i can see a lot of the time and so neither is his strength.
Agree. He doesn’t seem to have accepted it either. If he could adapt to just being a penalty box striker he might have a chance with someone alongside him but it’s sad to watch him now

Just got in, not that arsed to be honest, I’ll take 17th over the 4th round of the FA cup any day of the week.
Haven’t seen the goal back yet but at the time I couldn’t believe Sa hadn’t saved it.
Neves was awesome, it’ll be a struggle to hang to him in January let alone the summer.

Cunha isn't a 9

People are seeing a Costa renaissance I'm not. Still trying, still slow, mind still writing cheques his legs can't cash.

I'd play Hwang up top with Cunha. Finishing will be circumspect but they're both good off the ball which should at least help fashion some better chances.

Last edited:
Not too bothered about the result tbh though our lack of a cutting edge is still slightly worrying, but when are we going to get a referee who treats both teams the same. 3 'professional' fouls by them and no booking, 1 innocent foul by Adama who gets booked. 2 corners never given plus allowing extreme time wasting and no a warning !!!

With about 15 mins to go, we'd had about 450 passes to their 320. Pundits kept saying they 'were controlling the game'.
No, our passing was ineffectual, slow and non productive.
Liverpool didn't play well. We played poorly.
The sign of a good player is one that picks the best percentage thing to do, regularly.
We have several players who don't do that.
SA obviously.
Dexter (hope he will improve with coaching and experience)
Same with Toti.
Adama (I thought we had something special when we first signed him, it's obvious now, he's learnt nothing and hasn't got a footballing brain)....
Then there's....I could go on but I can't be bothered tbh.
😆
The four that came on should have been on from the start, kilman should have started as well.

Cunha isn't a 9

Yep I'd pick Raul every time over Costa, it doesn't look like we're interested in signing a 9 unless the club are really playing their cards close.

Back