• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FA Cup Match Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the verdict on Byrne then?

Can't get a start in an FA Cup game where Ken clearly has no intention of playing our strongest team. Surely he hasn't been given a fair chance?

Maybe he`s hoping that VLP will carry on his recent "run of form" into this game. Don`t hold your breath.

He was as bang average for Brighton as he was for us.

this is you bring optimistic isn't it Paddy?

Realistic I think. West Ham are a bloody good side under Bilic, and are at home. We have kept the goals out through a mix of plenty of luck and abhorrent football. I don't fancy those two to combine today and I think we are on the path to a sound hiding.

Complete bollocks that Byrne isn't starting in this. When you're completely outclassed pace is the one thing which could make a difference.

It's not even about pace for me - van la Parra has that too - but Byrne is actually quite a thoughtful player. He seems to have an idea of what he is going to do before he gets it whereas players like Henry and van la Parra are not very clever at all.

It's not even about pace for me - van la Parra has that too - but Byrne is actually quite a thoughtful player. He seems to have an idea of what he is going to do before he gets it whereas players like Henry and van la Parra are not very clever at all.

Good point, I just genuinely don't understand why KJ doesn't ever want to give his signings a chance, unless they are all nobs?

Realistic I think. West Ham are a bloody good side under Bilic, and are at home. We have kept the goals out through a mix of plenty of luck and abhorrent football. I don't fancy those two to combine today and I think we are on the path to a sound hiding.

In the cup, being realistic is not necessarily the right way to see things. Over the years there have been endless cases of teams being knocked out by inferior opposition. That will happen somewhere this weekend.

We'll lose, probably heavily, Edwards will continue to baffle and Jackett will tow the party line in his post match interviews. The consequence will be that I will care slightly less than I did pre-match, which wasn't a lot.

Totally agree with this.

It will, but I don't think Upton Park is where pundits should be looking for that upset. We haven't taken the cups seriously in several seasons. The selection shows that isn't changing today.

Maybe he's holding Byrne back for a start midweek?? Clutching at straws here...

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

as a lot of people on here, i'm getting quite disillusioned at the current goings on on the club. can't even be bothered if we win or lose to be honest

A front 4 of Graham, Clough, Zyro and Bjorn would be fucking sexy.
Are you talking about looks? Because playing ability would be stretching it.

OK, I'd agree with half of it. However I've seen nothing of Zyro so can't comment on him. Also, why is Siggy suddenly seen as the answer? He didn't do a fat lot when he was fit before to convince me that he could improve us in any sense.

I have no idea why Byrne isn't starting today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back