• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Against VAR - Join us

My apologies I don't want to get a ban so in the interests of accuracy smug Cockney prick
I'm not a cockney, to be a cockney you have to be born within the sound of Bow bells.

I'm a South Londoner. Calling a S. London man a cockney is akin to calling a man from Wolverhampton a Brummie.

I would just settle for 'smug prick' rather than go location based!

I'm not a cockney, to be a cockney you have to be born within the sound of Bow bells.

I'm a South Londoner. Calling a S. London man a cockney is akin to calling a man from Wolverhampton a Brummie.

I would just settle for 'smug prick' rather than go location based!
Everyone from London is a Cockney, not interested in your apples and pears semantics

Nope. The officials and the fear of overruling a more senior on pitch official is still the issue.

Plus on pitch giving no decision because VAR is there to make the decision for them and then VAR then doesn’t overrule no decision is a bag of shit from a useless bunch of cunts.

It’s officials not technology.

I am also pretty certain that absolutely every duff decision we have received this season has been the on field official either giving a decision that is shit, or failing to give a decision which would have been correct, and in each one the VAR has blindly backed the official by hiding behind clear and obvious error.

The technology has cost us absolutely nothing this season. Where it not to exist the referees would have still been giving the shit decisions we have received.

Right. So yesterday, without VAR, we still concede a goal that is handballed.
But we don't have to wait five minutes for it to happen.

Right. So yesterday, without VAR, we still concede a goal that is handballed.
But we don't have to wait five minutes for it to happen.
Yeah but then we go home, see the images and are all complaining that we need video technology because it would have ruled it out.

As Pad says the tech isn't the issue.

I am also pretty certain that absolutely every duff decision we have received this season has been the on field official either giving a decision that is shit, or failing to give a decision which would have been correct, and in each one the VAR has blindly backed the official by hiding behind clear and obvious error.

The technology has cost us absolutely nothing this season. Where it not to exist the referees would have still been giving the shit decisions we have received.
Think VAR did us on one. The penalty that Fulham got in the last minute

The technology is fine as @Paddingtonwolf says it’s humans taking the easy option that causes the problem. Officials are not going with what they see in that instant moment like they use to and assume VAR will pick up the error, VAR has an attitude of it’s clear and obvious so I’ll stick with it.
Leaves a massive void, get rid of “clear and obvious” and just ask the VAR what do you think.
Questioning someone senior to you is extremely hard to do. It’s human nature to assume he’s more senior so must be right.
Classic example outside of sport is Captain and Co-Pilot, amount of errors mistakes that are made due to poor communication, senior not listening to junior and junior afraid to question the senior.

But as there isn't 5 minutes wasted everything just happens 5 minutes earlier anyway
I know I wasn't entirely serious.

It does alter the dynamic of the game though, having 9 mins of added time would always give a psychological lift to the currently losing team.

But as there isn't 5 minutes wasted everything just happens 5 minutes earlier anyway
The they wouldnt have scored doesn’t hold up, but it does affect the game though as you stripping that immediate momentum swing out. We could have gone straight up the other end and caught them not concentrating and equalised or fallen apart and conceded another straight afterwards like we did with their second. It does have an impact if not how EP says.

I can't see how they didn't come to the conclusion that it hit his arm, what did they think happened?

We deserved to lose handsomely anyway so not blaming that, it's just ridiculous.

I can't see how they didn't come to the conclusion that it hit his arm, what did they think happened?

We deserved to lose handsomely anyway so not blaming that, it's just ridiculous.
I'd be livid if I was a Cov fan and they ruled that out when there's no evidence to show it. As a Wolves fan it's a joke that there wasn't any

Aye but I'm not sure how they messed that up?

My first re-watch of it was at HT in the City vs Newcastle game and from that angle (only showed it once) it was clearly handball and couldn't have been anything else.

Back