• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fans Against VAR - Join us

I'm not arguing about the decision per se, more the fact that I pay over a grand a season for me and daughter to attend and watch live / support a football team and have no idea why a decision that affects a result and I don't know the reason why untill a hour later.

Actually hate the way footballs going.

Last edited:
It's rubbish but I do at least understand the reasoning.

I struggle more with United away. Where Onana didn't punch Sasa hard enough in the head.
Personally I think this one is the worst of the lot. With Onana you could claim the foul didn't materially matter as he wasn't getting the ball. I don't agree with it, but it's an argument. This is the reverse, the 'foul' makes no difference at all to whether the goal goes in. Gordon Banks in his pomp isn't getting to that. 3 professional referees, not in the moment, decided that should be disallowed

3 professional referees, not in the moment, decided that should be disallowed
But they didnt make a decision, they actually passed it back to the on field referee to decide, so offsides arent black and white they can be subjective. Which every tv commentator has said in the past that its not the case?

But they didnt make a decision, they actually passed it back to the on field referee to decide, so offsides arent black and white they can be subjective. Which every tv commentator has said in the past that its not the case?
The 3 professional referees are the 2 in the VAR room and the one on the field. They wouldn't have referred him unless both thought it was offside. An interfering with play offside is subjective, has been since they changed the law in the early 90s

Agree that this is the worst one so far. Which considering Vinicius literally headbutted Kilman in the face and didn't get sent off this season is some going.

Personally I think this one is the worst of the lot. With Onana you could claim the foul didn't materially matter as he wasn't getting the ball. I don't agree with it, but it's an argument. This is the reverse, the 'foul' makes no difference at all to whether the goal goes in. Gordon Banks in his pomp isn't getting to that. 3 professional referees, not in the moment, decided that should be disallowed
Id bet a pound to a penny there isn't anything in any VAR guidelines about the materiality of a decision. I.e. Yes, he's commited an offence but it makes fuck all difference to the outcome so it's irrelevant.

Agree that this is the worst one so far. Which considering Vinicius literally headbutted Kilman in the face and didn't get sent off this season is some going.
I’d forgotten about the ‘soft’ headbutt.

By far the worst of the lot. They’ve made the right decision and then gone out of their way to change it. The others can get covered by “high bar” nonsense.

It's rubbish but I do at least understand the reasoning.

I struggle more with United away. Where Onana didn't punch Sasa hard enough in the head.
Yeah that was a far less explainable decision, despite what GON said today.

Him being offside wasn't in question. It was whether he was interfering, which is a different decision. I have no problem with them handing that off to the on field ref.

Common sense says he's obviously not interfering, but by the letter of the law he was directly in front of him potentially blocking his view. Doesn't make the decision any more palettable, and we've seen these nonsense decisions given before.
The offside law was never intended to rule out goals like the Wolves equaliser.

The technology means the law can be implemented in a way near impossible with the human eye.

If they keep VAR they need to change the laws to make them more in line with the spirit of the game.

I know the "spirit of the game" is a subjective concept. But denying that wolves goal is a clear example of being against the spirit of the game.

Is all these VAR decisions going against Wolves a coincidence? That's an interesting question. Wolves seem to comfortably come off worse than any other side, and I say that as a neutral. If I was GON I would be tearing my hair out.

Watched a bit of the PSG-Barca game last night. As commentary mentioned several times, the VAR checks were significantly quicker than in the PL. Ahhhh must be those fancy European refs! No, Attwell was on VAR and Anthony Taylor was ref

Trouble is he is putting a target on his back same as Lopetegui did with the moaning and we have had a quite mysterious run of shit decisions from the officials since Julen ranted about it.

So expect more goals disallowed and points chalked off next season to punish GON for his impudence.

Surely you’re not suggesting the PGMOL have an agenda?!

I think you can go back as far as Nuno when it comes down to Wolves irritating the authorities.
We just need to concentrate on the 'now'
I think if anything Gary was a bit too reasonable early on in the season so now when he moans it looks a lot.

Back