• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

FC Pyunik (H) Buildup Thread

Boozad

Numbnuts / Moderator
Reaction score
Expecting to see a raft of changes for this one to be honest, possible starts for Vallejo, Cutrone, Traore, Vinagre and maybe even a look in from one or two of the new ‘dodgy’ kids. The game is all but won so it would be good to see what the new arrivals can offer without any pressure on them.

The bonus for this game is we have an extra day before our League game v Man Utd.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ruddy get a game. I would rest a few as from the Man Utd game we will play Monday - Thursday - Sunday

..........................Ruddy

.......Vallejo.......Coady.......Kilman

Doc.....Donck....Saiss.....MGW.....Vinagre

...........Cutrone........Neto

I doubt we will see that many changes though

Yeah probably three or four tops I’d have thought, great opportunity though to use that squad rotation option this early in the season without any fear of it biting us on the arse.

Haven't put Adama in as I want Nuno to do some top bantz and say he forgot he could pick him

Given that the first team squad have been out to China and Armenia I think this is a great chance to give the 'core' players a real rest between Leicester and Man Utd. I'd certainly see starts for Cutrone and Valleja but I'd also want to see Neto starting as well as MGW. Plus the lad from Bayern on the bench and maybe players like Sanderson and Taylor as well.

I'd like to see:

.............................Patricio

..............Vallejo.....Coady.....Saiss

Doherty.......Neves.......Jordao.......Vinagre

...............................MGW

..................Cutrone.........Jota

I don't want to see any of the current first 11 start except for Doherty who needs the pitch time.
-------------------Ruddy-----------
------Vallejo----Kilman----Saiss
Doherty-MGW-Jordao-Perry-Vinagre
----------Neto-------Cutrone--------

It'sa League Cup team, but they aren't going to lose 4-0

Id go similar, but with Sanderson in defence and Saiss in CM.

We should go full reserves but I doubt we will see more than 3-4 changes. If I was in charge, subs and kids only. Worst case scenario we only score one, theyll need five

We should go full reserves but I doubt we will see more than 3-4 changes. If I was in charge, subs and kids only. Worst case scenario we only score one, theyll need five

My thoughts are the same really. Assuming they are fit, if Neto and Jordao aren't good enough to play against Pyunik with a 4-0 lead, who are they good enough to play against?

My thoughts are the same really. Assuming they are fit, if Neto and Jordao aren't good enough to play against Pyunik with a 4-0 lead, who are they good enough to play against?
If they dont get picked if doesnt mean anything really. Could be 3 or 4 months until Nuno has them where he is happy with them....doing a Dendoncker if you will.

I'd start Ruddy on Thursday, as it's very unlikely Pyunik will score 5 away goals without reply. I think that would also be his first European competitive appearance, unless I'm wrong?

Seems like a good way to keep him motivated and also match fit.

Absolutely zero chance of Nuno selecting a drastically weaker side. He’ll make 4 changes max, IMO.

(This isn’t to say I agree with that. I’d personally make wholesale changes and i’d give Neto & Jordao a start. Possibly even the lad from Bayern, although Nuno will want to integrate him in to the group before throwing him in to the starting 11)

Don't think the lad from Bayern can start? Then again, he was officially signed before 5pm, i.e. kickoff....

We will change a few without putting out a reserve team

Saiss & MGW in midfield with one other (not sure that the recent arrivals will be ready for a full start yet)

Would expect to see Cutrone given a start with Jota or Jiminez on the bench to give him a few more minutes.

Vinagre & Traore will play (the latter doesn't need a passport for Wolverhampton) - bench will be strong to come on if we need it (we won't)

Me and my boys first game of the season, don't care who Nuno picks, just looking forward to it

What are the rules around yellow/red cards in this competition? With Moutinho and Saiss picking up yellows in the first leg, do they miss the first leg against Torino with another yellow?

What are the rules around yellow/red cards in this competition? With Moutinho and Saiss picking up yellows in the first leg, do they miss the first leg against Torino with another yellow?
I think that's the case, Jota as well. Wiped out for the group

I'd imagine yellow card count doesn't come in until the group stages.

Back