• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

I like the medical centre feature and the new scouting system will be fine in time once everybody gets used to the change.

I'm willing to forgive match engine issues for now, it happens every year, but the UI mess is unforgivable. It ruins the fluidity of the game with everything hidden behind an additional 2/3 clicks, for no good reason.

The complete removal of Classic 2D is a killer too, as the 2D now (still called Classic - but nothing like the Classic in previous versions) is a glitchy mess in which you can't turn off the 3d introductory parts which do nothing to enhance the game.

You need a £650 + machine to play it smoothly, which is a real shame as it will price people out of it.

2D classic is gone? Fuck that.

I also don't have the power to play it on my surface - might stick to FM17 and download an update

My machine runs it with plenty of power to spare but it still looks shit, hoping the 3D improves a fuckload on full release. It’s wank.

My machine runs it with plenty of power to spare but it still looks shit, hoping the 3D improves a fuckload on full release. It’s wank.

I'm sure I saw stuff from them saying they'd really improved the 3D engine but it doesn't sound like it!

It's not great, I won't deny that, but it's not broke either. There the usual issues such as defenders leaving loose balls five yards away while an opposing player strolls twenty five yards and takes it for a one on one opportunity but I trust they'll be ironed out with updates as they have in the past, but I haven't seen anything that suggests it's unplayable at the moment. My issue is with the graphics, it looks absolutely gash. And while I can live with the new GUI and matchday fluff it's just a massive letdown to see the actual match appearance go backwards in such a big way.

This game can get fucked. One of the worst games I've ever played.

SI should be ashamed to be releasing this and taking people's money.

I’m starting to agree. actually played a few matches back to back yesterday and realised how bad the engine actually is.

Downloaded it on Friday and going to get into a save this evening. Going on what you guys are saying I can see it being a frustrating experience

I drew nine on the bounce yesterday. No clean sheets in 14 league games. Jota is amazing at missing one on ones and straight hoofs down the middle result in goals in every game for the opposition.

Scouting is so broken it's laughable. Sent them out right at the start of the window to find a striker to support Leo, and they made no recommendations within 2 months. Excellent.

I drew nine on the bounce yesterday. No clean sheets in 14 league games. Jota is amazing at missing one on ones and straight hoofs down the middle result in goals in every game for the opposition.

I found exactly the same bar the clean sheets. Jota misses loads as do my strikers and the ball through the middle gets us every time. Also when wide men or overlapping full backs get to the area their ‘cross’ always goes low to the near post where it gets pushed round for a corner. Every single time. Then the resulting corner never beats the first man. I can understand this happening once in a while but not multiple times per match.

There’s also no way of winning players round, they’ve all hated me from day one and my front four routinely put in 6.2/6.3 performances. Not impressed at all. Back to 17 I think.

I found exactly the same bar the clean sheets. Jota misses loads as do my strikers and the ball through the middle gets us every time. Also when wide men or overlapping full backs get to the area their ‘cross’ always goes low to the near post where it gets pushed round for a corner. Every single time. Then the resulting corner never beats the first man. I can understand this happening once in a while but not multiple times per match.

There’s also no way of winning players round, they’ve all hated me from day one and my front four routinely put in 6.2/6.3 performances. Not impressed at all. Back to 17 I think.

I've left Wolves alone and taken over Coventry. I want to see how Wolves do with Nuno in charge

They were bottom of the league when I managed Spurs for a bit on the Beta to get used to the new features.

Full version is out now, might give it another whirl.

I'm quite enjoying it tbf. Joint top on new years day, plenty of money left to spend. Got cutrone on loan from Milan and he's a beast. Playing 343, obviously

Oh OK. I thought it was released November 13th.

Can't put up with this match engine any more, it's absolutely fucking atrocious.

Back