• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Forest (H) build up 11/12

Lycan

Jeff Shi's Bitch
Reaction score
Friday night, Live on Sky.

I'd go:

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth EEL Golbourne

McDonald Price

Byrne Henry Graham

Afobe​

It'll be Edwards instead of Byrne though. Alfie didn't play poorly vs Millers but also didn't do enough to keep Afobe out IMO and Ken seems pretty fixated on 4-2-3-1 atm.

Quite looking forward to Friday night. I missed it when I had to miss the Burnley game. Hopefully might be able to have a couple of jars beforehand.

Quite looking forward to Friday night. I missed it when I had to miss the Burnley game. Hopefully might be able to have a couple of jars beforehand.

Will be in Wolverhampton about 4 Paddy

Yeah I think it will be Afobe in for ALF but wait - didn't Grant Holt play for Forest? By KJ's new logic he gets to play then...

Drab 0-0 draw again I reckon. I'm hoping for different obviously!

1-0 to Wolves. Scrappy, uninspired, uneventful game. Price, Batth or Golbourne to score. More crap but another three points. I'll take the points, bugger the aesthetics - Barcelona we ain't.

Looking forward to this game! And looking forward to a post game curry! Any recommendations for a curry house? People welcome to join us.

Dilshad if you are in town. If you have re-mortgaged the house then the Bilash is excellent. New Spice is damn excellent as well.

Bit of a celebration night for me, first game as a pensioner, they're sure to fuck it up for me.

Dilshad if you are in town. If you have re-mortgaged the house then the Bilash is excellent. New Spice is damn excellent as well.

Jivans is well under-rated, class curry house.

Forest have won three of their last four, so I'm expecting a hard match. 1-1 would be my stab at it.

Forest have won three of their last four, so I'm expecting a hard match. 1-1 would be my stab at it.

Rotherham United had won two on the trot before we beat them, so I think there is no reason why cannot beat Nottingham Forest, though it will indeed be a difficult game, but they all are in this league.

Ikeme

McDonald Price

Henry Edwards Graham

ALF

Given how well Afobe did when he came on I reckon KJ will keep him on the bench and go with this. He loves that formation, Edwards is immovable, Henry scored so Byrne wont start, Graham had 2 assist so keeps his place.

I don't know why we're stuck with this system despite it clearly not working for us in an attacking sense at all. Ken will probably think scraping past Rotherham (one of the worst teams at this level this century) vindicates it, it doesn't at all. I suspect there will be no changes but I'd be swapping Edwards out for Afobe, for obvious reasons. Forest are another team we should be beating and another team where there's no excuse for setting up conservatively. There isn't a single team in this league who wouldn't put Afobe in their first choice XI.

2014/15: L 0-3 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2012/13: L 1-2 (H), L 1-3 (A)
2008/9: W 5-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2004/5: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2002/3: W 2-1 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2001/2: W 1-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2000/1: W 2-0 (H), D 0-0 (A), W 1-0 (A, FAC)
1999/0: W 3-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
1997/8: W 2-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1994/5: L 2-3 (H, LC)

It was over 7 years ago, but that Forest 5 1 game was the most exciting Wolves performance I think I've seen since Bully's Div 3 pomp

I was in the directors box with Squeeze. We were sat next to Stuart Pearce. Glorious.

Ikeme

Price

Byrne McDonald Graham

Afobe ALF

I hate to say this about our manager but Jackett really would be a fucking idiot not to start Afobe. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised.

It's telling imo how the apathy is kicking in.
Kick off is 2 days away, and we've half a page of thoughts.

Matchday and build up threads are starting to become the same thing.
Verdict threads are much shorter.

The malaise for me is hugely concerning.

There are only so many different ways you can say "obviously he should pick this team or at the very least not do this, but he won't, so meh".

Following a couple of successful seasons it all seems to have gone a bit stale both on and off the field, the current under 18's are already being referred to as a 'golden generation', there's been a few false dawns in the past but it would be good to see a future first team with the nucleus from that team.
There will more likely be a new Manager by then, so who knows.

Back