• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leeds United (H) build up 17/12

Lycan

Jeff Shi's Bitch
Reaction score
14th vs 18th live on Sky. How exciting.

It will be an unchanged team for us unless there's an injury. Nothing in Ken's comments after the Forest game suggest that he's likely to shake things up any time soon.

FWIW I'd go with this:

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth EEL Golbourne

Byrne Price McDonald Graham

Afobe Alfie​

It'll be the same team. Ken thinks we've played well in every game since Bristol City. We haven't, of course. I'd pick the same team as above.

2014/15: W 4-3 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2012/13: D 2-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2006/7: W 1-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2005/6: W 1-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2004/5: D 0-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2003/4: W 3-1 (H), L 1-4 (A)
1997/8: W 1-0 (A, FAC)

I'll go for another 1-1 draw with us having a maximum of five shots on target. Edwards to shin the ball out of play under no pressure four times, Henry to provide zero threatening crosses, Price to never move more than 20 yards in front of the back four and 42 hoofs from Batth/EEL three foot above Alfie's head.

Think this game will gage the level of apathy around the place with the special offer. If we see no real gain in the home areas it'll be worrying IMO. Leeds will bring a decent following.

Think it'll be more of the same, and we'd have earned a credible point irrespective of if a little ambition would see all three.

Think this game will gage the level of apathy around the place with the special offer. If we see no real gain in the home areas it'll be worrying IMO. Leeds will bring a decent following.

Think it'll be more of the same, and we'd have earned a credible point irrespective of if a little ambition would see all three.

Work with a LU season ticket holder,pretty sure they've sold
all their tickets..charged em £28 too,no special offers for them

I'd go with that 1st team too...iorfa and Byrne down the right...what pace..
Will never happen of course.
Has Byrne even been played on the right yet?

Another that would play the same team as Lycan. I actually think he'll switch Afobe and Le Fondre round for this game

I wouldn't be against that team but i'd also like to see Wallace get some game time in his actual position so personally would like to see him behind Afobe and us try to actually play some football with players looking to link together rather than run away and we cross the ball into the box with just 2 players in there.

0-0 first sub on in the 89th minute,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I wouldn't be against that team but i'd also like to see Wallace get some game time in his actual position so personally would like to see him behind Afobe and us try to actually play some football with players looking to link together rather than run away and we cross the ball into the box with just 2 players in there.

The more I think about it the angrier I am about us wasting Wallace, I'm a big fan. I've seen what he can do at Pompey and he will need a run of games in the team to get going. Yes it's unfortunate that he was injured in pre-season, but that doesn't excuse that he's had one opportunity in his strong position and that was a crap performance as a collective. Meanwhile, Edwards gets away with running and pointing a lot. But I am wrong as I have an agenda.

I wouldn't actually mind Wallace on the right, but Byrne would also be a good option. Henry, who I like and think he has done well in his time here, lacks the speed of thought he needs at this level to overcome any pace issues he has. Quite often his head drops when he has the ball and he fails to spot an opening for a team mate.

I think he will stick with the same team, he praised ALF for his work closing down/off the ball which came across to me as a dig at Benik, which is just nonsense in it self. and we know that he won't drop Dave. we will scrape a 1-0 win and KJ will say we played brilliant football despite our main pattern of play being Batth to Ikeme, big kick to Le Fondre/Henry.

Bloody hell I need to cheer up.

The more I think about it the angrier I am about us wasting Wallace, I'm a big fan. I've seen what he can do at Pompey and he will need a run of games in the team to get going. Yes it's unfortunate that he was injured in pre-season, but that doesn't excuse that he's had one opportunity in his strong position and that was a crap performance as a collective. Meanwhile, Edwards gets away with running and pointing a lot. But I am wrong as I have an agenda.

I wouldn't actually mind Wallace on the right, but Byrne would also be a good option. Henry, who I like and think he has done well in his time here, lacks the speed of thought he needs at this level to overcome any pace issues he has. Quite often his head drops when he has the ball and he fails to spot an opening for a team mate.

I think he will stick with the same team, he praised ALF for his work closing down/off the ball which came across to me as a dig at Benik, which is just nonsense in it self. and we know that he won't drop Dave. we will scrape a 1-0 win and KJ will say we played brilliant football despite our main pattern of play being Batth to Ikeme, big kick to Le Fondre/Henry.

Bloody hell I need to cheer up.

Agree with all of that.

I'm conflicted as I want to see Afobe and Le Fondre together but think our biggest flaw tactically on Friday was the lack of a third option in center midfield. As such, I'd either go with Lycan's team or:

Ikeme

Iorfa - Batth - EEL - Golbourne

McDonald - Price - Coady

Byrne - ALF - Graham

Of course it's moot because we all know what KJ is going to do.

Looking forward to this. Amazingly due to work and fixture scheduling this is my first visit to Molineux since QPR. Hotel booked for Thursday night too!

I'd love to see Wallace given a run of games. Like YW I am getting frustrated by KJ not giving him a chance. Same with Byrne. If he's going to play 1 up front then I'd like to see Graham, Wallace & Byrne as the attacking 3 and let them have a few games to see what they can do.

I'd love to see Wallace given a run of games. Like YW I am getting frustrated by KJ not giving him a chance. Same with Byrne. If he's going to play 1 up front then I'd like to see Graham, Wallace & Byrne as the attacking 3 and let them have a few games to see what they can do.

I said that 6 weeks or so ago.....still waiting

Oh how we miss Dicko!

Ha, true. Sloppy goals to concede though, and it kind of cost us a play-off place in the end.

Makes me sick watching that compared to what we serve up now.

I know - Edwards on the bench, for a start!

Back