• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Not sure who you’re referring to. But I agree the laughing faces are slightly wide of the mark…. (Sorry, couldn’t resist)
Is Johnny75 a big enough hint? Everything I post, including this, will result in the inevitable.

All been mentioned but Bueno, Semedo and Lemina all looked really good tonight. Neves looks even better now with Lemina in. Raul looked a bit better.

Things went south when Cunha went off.

Pod and Traore 💩.

Interestingly Adama was our best or equal best player last week according to the Sunday Express & Telegraph. He did little this match admittedly but it might have helped he had some decent service.
We were terrible and lost last week, so that isn't saying a whole lot

Interestingly Adama was our best or equal best player last week according to the Sunday Express & Telegraph. He did little this match admittedly but it might have helped he had some decent service.
He was playing against a player who is as quick as him, as strong and better at football. Add in the fact Adama can’t cross or shoot then he is going to be near useless in those instances.

He was our best player last week as it was a FB he could get at. Sadly we decide to put no one in the box. I’m fully aware though that Adama can be decent or terrible though (often in the same game) so last week has no relationship with how he will play today.

He was playing against a player who is as quick as him, as strong and better at football. Add in the fact Adama can’t cross or shoot then he is going to be near useless in those instances.

He was our best player last week as it was a FB he could get at. Sadly we decide to put no one in the box. I’m fully aware though that Adama can be decent or terrible though (often in the same game) so last week has no relationship with how he will play today.
I am not sure there was much wrong with his cross that was handled. The other main one was a bit over hit but is was recovered & then squandered.

I've not been Sa biggest fan this season but to blame him for that goal is nuts, I was more annoyed Traore got brushed off the ball by a 7 stone weakling.
Thought we bossed the game for large parts, especially first half, we still don't create enough good chances though, can't think of too many apart from the goal (which was lovely) Sarabia's earlier chance and Rauls header.
Don't think anyone had a poor game, although we definitely lost a bit once Cunha went off.

I agree but I wonder if he was a bit unsighted.
Think that’s harsh, he’s unsited. Huge save towards the end from him.

Everyone can nitpick about goals. I’m sure Fulham fans will be bemoaning our goal saying someone should’ve done better. It’s hardly a clanger of a goal to concede.

If we took advantage of our superiority in the first 45 and actually worked the keeper then it wouldn’t be as big of an issue. When you’re only 1 up always this risk

So the best player was responsible for us losing?
Wow that's quite the leap of logic

Being the best of a bad bunch is a low bar and not really a good example to use when trying to argue the case for a player's effectiveness

Would have taken a point before kick off, but based on the game it's 2 lost. Every single goal can be deconstructed, but sometimes although he and he could have done better at various points, you just have to say it's just a good hit. We'd be such a better team with a number 9 who understands the position and is mobile, we have one who doesn't and is and 2 that do but aren't. All that said Raul, did better today staying up top and being played off than he does now trying to come deep. Cunha's injury will likely be season ending, the obscure ones normally are

Up to the Cunha injury, which I thought was a foul btw, we were gonna win that game. That 5 minute injury took us out of our stride and we couldn’t find a 5 yard pass after that.

Fulham started to get some belief after that and the goal came about from us fucking about again on the edge of our box and losing it….get it forward into the opposition half a bloody regroup, ffs

Would have taken a point before the game so can’t really complain, better than a defeat, but shows how last weeks loss has screwed us over a bit and so we’re still looking over our shoulder rather than looking up and kicking on.

On the subs, Moutinho did okay but the others let us down losing the ball continuously, and then everyone joined in to be a collective shambles at times, bar Sa, Bueno and Semedo

Mom Bueno, superb

Wow that's quite the leap of logic

Being the best of a bad bunch is a low bar and not really a good example to use when trying to argue the case for a player's effectiveness
I thought it was your logic actually. I am just pointing out that Adama is not playing that badly at the moment. He needs to do more though. But that applies to the whole squad bar definitely Bueno tonight. Raul also did well for 50 minutes.

Up to the Cunha injury, which I thought was a foul btw, we were gonna win that game. That 5 minute injury took us out of our stride and we couldn’t find a 5 yard pass after that.

Fulham started to get some belief after that and the goal came about from us fucking about again on the edge of our box and losing it….get it forward into the opposition half a bloody regroup, ffs

Would have taken a point before the game so can’t really complain, better than a defeat, but shows how last weeks loss has screwed us over a bit and so we’re still looking over our shoulder rather than looking up and kicking on.

On the subs, Moutinho did okay but the others let us down losing the ball continuously, and then everyone joined in to be a collective shambles at times, bar Sa, Bueno and Semedo

Mom Bueno, superb
Keep passing it back results in being on the back foot occasionally. More positive second half tactics were needed. The Cunha injury was key & Oliver failed to give either foul (IMO) at that time.

Excellent for 60 minutes but the 3/4 injuries prior to the goal killed the momentum that we had. Sa unsighted for the goal and from then onwards it was a scrappy game which in part was our own fault as we didn’t string any passes together.

Back